“Beer & pickles”

Falling Sky Brewing
Ranked #29 of 639 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Falling Sky Brewing is a Northwest gastro/brew-pub. We brew, make, bake, and cure everything in house with the best local seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stopped in for a beer sampler (hubby liked the smoked beer) and a plate of pickled veggies (my fave was the ferny green succulent). The menu was small but looked tasty. Long bench tables indoors, smaller tables outdoors. Check out their Falling Sky bike rentals! The bikes were parked out front (as much bike parking as car parking) and looked great.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place is amazing. They bake, brew, ferment, smoke, cure, pickle and make everything on site. Beer wise they have a wide range of interesting choices. I got a mixed veggie pickle thing that was really good, whole pickled carrots, various flavorings of pickling for each of the many veggies. We would love to go back and try more! Did I mention excellent service and once atmosphere? I should have!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I am a fan overall of the falling sky vibe and their beers. Their beer is quite good and the selection is well rounded. I personally like the deli a little better , but this is a solid in town option. The menu is good here. The food is ever changing with seasonal and fresh ingredients . Very tasty. Inventive recipes. It can get crowded in here at times, but you usually still don't wait too long. There is a nice little outdoor patio and an open air concept with big garage doors letting air and precious sun in during the warmer days. Tastefully decorated. What I don't always enjoy here is the seating. The chairs just aren't comfortable, none of them. The chairs, the stool, the picnic tables. If you have a bad back ( like most of us do) forget being here more than a beer or two. The noise level isn't the worst , but it is loud. Not for intimate conversations ( outside is probably better for that) I recommend stopping here for an authentic Eugene vibe and a good pint, but not too often or too long.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went to undergrad in Eugene having drank and ate at all other Eugene breweries. When I finally came to Falling Sky, I was pleasantly surprised the gem I found. Friendly service, relaxed atmosphere, fresh food and good beer equaled to a great experience for me and my friends. Make sure to try the Pastrami Cheese Fries. This is a great place for a date or a place to hang out with your friends. Falling Sky has become one of my favorite places to Eugene and I highly recommend it to locals and visitors alike.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a cool little place with dozens of beer choices and some amazing food. I enjoyed dinner at the Oak Alley location on four consecutive days. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The place has a laid back atmosphere that I really enjoyed. A diner can choose to sit inside or outside. This place has amazing beers. So many to sample and not a one that was bad. Check out their Red Lager if you get a chance, it's top notch. Now let's talk food. There is a lot to choose from. But for me it's all about their amazing burgers. Their Back Alley burger is a staple and won't disappoint a living soul. Plus each day they have several specials. One that was especially noteworthy was the pork brisket sandwich. The brisket is smoked on site and was delectable. There are several sides to pair with the sandwiches, but I always opted for the fries. They are what fries should be, perfectly seasoned. Check this place out!

Been to Falling Sky Brewing? Share your experiences!