“Gluten Free Options”

Tasty Thai Kitchen
Ranked #58 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times and have had many a scrumptious meal here. I have never had a reaction to gluten from their food. They have a dedicated gluten free menu and the staff is very friendly as well as knowledgeable about the needs of those who can't eat gluten. Also, they have a wide selection of bubble teas; my favorite being the mango bubble tea. For some reason, I thought that their food at their main location tasted better or had more flavor than the food at their campus location (near University of Oregon). I definitely recommend eating here!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We met some friends in Eugene who'd been to this Thai place before. A very impressive menu with a large number of inserts listing their specials. Almost overwhelming, so almost all of us went for the specials ignoring this amazing looking menu. Eight of us and eight different dishes. A real feast, lots of food, great presentation, an abundance of flavors, great wait staff, so all in all a great evening. Try the chicken for peanut sauce lovers or one of the hot pot specials.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

En route from Seattle to San Diego to move our daughter, we stopped in Eugene. Our daughter loves Thai food and knew of this restaurant from a school friend, so we tried it despite my husband's general lack of enthusiasm for Thai. Tasty Thai turned him around!

The menu has a wide selection of traditional dishes (curries, noodle dishes) and "Thai pots", which my husband ordered. These are essentially ingredients ( your choice of protein, with lots of vegetables) in a seasoned broth, served in a metal pot over a low flame. He loved it! My daughter and I each had pad Thai, hers traditional and mine "white"--in a peanut sauce that was delicious. The menu included a selection of 10-12 Oregon and Washington wines, all affordable priced.

The dishes are pretty large so do split if you're not really hungry and/or are traveling so can't take home leftovers.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

In early March a friend & I dined here. I have only visited one other Thai resturant, in Seattle. I found the food here very tasty (as advertised in the name). The server was excellent. We accompanied our meal with an outstanding wine, Clos du Bois unoaked Chardonnay, which I was surprised to find in a Thai restaurant. We very much enjoyed both our meals, and there was plenty left to take home. They also offer an excellent brown rice as an option.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Newly back in town, I was looking for a tasty Thai restaurant (no pun intended). Using online reviews as guides, we set out. The first place we tried was a let-down (Ubon Thai Kitchen). The next attempt was Tasty Thai, primarily because it was convenient to our home (we ordered take out).
We were happily surprised when the food was leagues above Ubon. I had chicken Pad Pure Vaan (Thai sweet and sour) and he had chicken Pad Thai. Both were delicious, with choice cuts of meat.
We ordered take-out again last week (I had the same thing, he tried chicken Pad Phet (stir-fried Dried Curry)); again, both were yummy.
One thing - when ordering, the server didn't ask how hot we wanted our food. I'm assuming one could ask for some spice, but can't comment on that (we enjoy some mild heat but not real fire).
Not sure how dine-in service is, but with the food so good, not sure how much I'd care. ;-)