“Exceeded our expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Bend, Oregon
“Exceeded our expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We unfortunately landed in Eugene on the same night both the ducks and beavers were playing. There were no rooms anywhere. We found the Valu Inn still had a room so we took it expecting that it would be terrible. We were so surprised when we entered our room. The carpet was new, the room was clean, it did not have that "hotel" smell and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The gentleman working the front desk was very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank cannevertravelenough
bobby p, Guest Relations Manager at Value Inn Motel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
thank you for posting your thoughts about valueinn, we are looking forward to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I found Value Inn via a google search, which can be risky, but it turned out to be a good place to stay. I was there a week while exploring Eugene as potential place to live. It had what I needed, a micro/fridge, a comfortable bed, and a convenient location, including being close to the airport. What made it better was it was clean and quiet. I felt comfortable staying there. I prefer small places like Value Inn Motel over big chain hotels, so I was delighted. Value Inn is exactly that, a decent, pleasant place to stay, at an economical price. Good job Value Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank canyoneagle
THANK YOU so much for perfect rating , your appreciation is our best compliment ,we are so glad you enjoyed your self at valueinn motel.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We booked this place at the last minute because we got last minute Duck Tickets.We booked it because it was the cheapest place we could find. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Campus. When we got there we were kind of nervous. The outside looked nice and when we checked in the guy up front up graded us to a king size room. When we opened the door we were shocked. The room was really nice. The bed was really comfortable and very nice. This hotel was a great deal. It is cheaper then Motel 6 and a lot better deal. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice place to sleep with no frills.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Skurvy1
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

We paid $49.00 to stay on a Friday night before the Saturday football game. The motel was cute, but more importantly, clean. It had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, ironing board & iron, and a coffee maker. The king size bed was comfortable. The motel is located in the industrial area and back from the road a bit, so it was really quiet. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Helen B
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Value Inn lives up to its name. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable and the staff is very friendly. I first stayed there on a game weekend when it was the only hotel available. I have stayed there every game day weekend since.
There are no frills, but if you are looking for a comfortable room with a value price, then this is the place to stay.
I never stay anywhere else when I am in Eugene.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Cinmariechamb
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was a complete joke. We stayed here for two nights. The first night was reserved in advance. The second night we stayed here because we didn't know we were going to stay a second night and since our first night was okay, we figured it would be a good experience as well but it turned out to be a nightmare.

The first night I had a reservation for a king size bed. Everything went as planned, ok room, ok price, ok cleanliness. No worries. The second night we came back but called before hand to ask if they had the same room or a king size bed room available. The lady on the phone said yes, so off we went. Got there and the lady gave me the key. Went in the room and it had 2 full size beds, so I went back and told her I had paid for a king size bed. She gave me another key, went in the room and again, this time, 2 queen beds. Went back and told me she didn't have any, so since I had already paid, I told her I would take it anyway. The room smelled bad, the carpet was filthy, I felt really icky. I had to turn the a/c on cause the room was so hot and it smelled bad. I knew it was going to be a bad night, the a/c didn't seem to be cooling off the room well. I pulled the sheets off the bed and to my surprise (my husband was still unloading our car), I found blood stains, some black stains, hair....I was immediately disgusted. The bathroom was also dirty. I was not comfortable for paying $65 for a disgusting room. I went back to her and some other lady was there. I told her "I'm sorry but this room is disgusting, I just want my money back". She felt uncomfortable and told me they don't do that. I told her "I called the lady and told me she had a king size bedroom, I paid for it, thinking that was the room I had reserved and when I went in it, it was the wrong room, so I would like a refund because you guys do not have what I paid for". She gave me 3 different keys to look at other rooms and see if I liked any of them, I agreed to look at all of them and all were really nasty. Smelled bad, one was clearly a smoking room even though she denied it. They were really really nasty. I am not exaggerating. I went back to here, told her no. I wanted my money back. She clearly did not want to do that, so she offered me another room and walked me to it. Apparently this was a "nicer" room, probably for couples. They had tried to make it look nice and romantic but was really funky with weird/cheap decorations and broken & burnt candle holders in the bathroom which I felt was a safety hazard. Fake flowers, dirty wine glasses, funky purple/satin comforter and saris hanging from the wall...some weird African painting and no night table, just a tiny foot stool. Awkwardly placed furniture, the door barely fits between the wall and the foot of the bed....just a weird funky room. Anyway, I was tired and decided that was the least nasty room, so I said ok, we'll stay here, this is fine. She then told me she would charge me $15 extra, ($60 for original room plus $15 for this one, so a total of $70). I told her NO WAY. I had made the reservation because that's all I wanted to pay, and if I wanted to pay more for a room, I would have gone to a nicer hotel, I was not going to pay more and if that was the case then I wanted a refund. She reluctantly said ok and decided to give us the room at no additional cost. I thought she was crazy, who would pay $70 for that piece of junk! I would never go back to that place. One more thing, when my husband was re-parking our car, he drove by the office and she slowed him down and told him to "please leave a good review for the hotel on the website". I couldn't believe it. One more thing, if it wasn't for the a/c which was about A FOOT away from my husband's face (no kidding here), we would have stayed up all night listening to the guy on the other room, his tv was on for a long time! Very very very thin walls!!! The only good thing to say is that they were nice and at no moment did I lose my temper. They just didn't want to lose the sale and obviously they are willing to do anything for it. But there is NO maintenance in this place, after looking at 5 different rooms I can honestly say that. I assume they have a couple of nice bedrooms, otherwise I don't see how people would leave good reviews about this place. Good luck if you stay here, but beware, they will do anything to NOT give you a refund. THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING AND UNSANITARY! On our way back to Eugene we decided to stay at a different place downtown. It was worth it and it was the same price. Timbers Motel is a good option.

Room Tip: Don't come here!!! It's not worth it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank sparklfly

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I don't understand why some people don't like this place. They just probably got a bad room or wanted to pay cheap and expected to be in a Hilton quality hotel. Anyway, for the price, this is a very nice place to stay. The internet is fast, the guy at the counter was helpful, and the room was a lot better than some places I've stayed. I was here for business and I'm glad I picked this place. The AC was cold, the bed was big, the mattress, blankets, and pillows were clean, the room did not smell, good cable channels, bathroom looked good - I was very satisfied.

This place wasn't busy at the time so I got a free room upgrade too. If I come here again, either for business or leisure, I'd definitely come back!

Room Tip: tip - i stayed in room twenty-something...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business