“My regular hotel in Eugene”
Review of Value Inn Motel

Value Inn Motel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Portland
“My regular hotel in Eugene”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Value Inn lives up to its name. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable and the staff is very friendly. I first stayed there on a game weekend when it was the only hotel available. I have stayed there every game day weekend since.
There are no frills, but if you are looking for a comfortable room with a value price, then this is the place to stay.
I never stay anywhere else when I am in Eugene.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Cinmariechamb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was a complete joke. We stayed here for two nights. The first night was reserved in advance. The second night we stayed here because we didn't know we were going to stay a second night and since our first night was okay, we figured it would be a good experience as well but it turned out to be a nightmare.

The first night I had a reservation for a king size bed. Everything went as planned, ok room, ok price, ok cleanliness. No worries. The second night we came back but called before hand to ask if they had the same room or a king size bed room available. The lady on the phone said yes, so off we went. Got there and the lady gave me the key. Went in the room and it had 2 full size beds, so I went back and told her I had paid for a king size bed. She gave me another key, went in the room and again, this time, 2 queen beds. Went back and told me she didn't have any, so since I had already paid, I told her I would take it anyway. The room smelled bad, the carpet was filthy, I felt really icky. I had to turn the a/c on cause the room was so hot and it smelled bad. I knew it was going to be a bad night, the a/c didn't seem to be cooling off the room well. I pulled the sheets off the bed and to my surprise (my husband was still unloading our car), I found blood stains, some black stains, hair....I was immediately disgusted. The bathroom was also dirty. I was not comfortable for paying $65 for a disgusting room. I went back to her and some other lady was there. I told her "I'm sorry but this room is disgusting, I just want my money back". She felt uncomfortable and told me they don't do that. I told her "I called the lady and told me she had a king size bedroom, I paid for it, thinking that was the room I had reserved and when I went in it, it was the wrong room, so I would like a refund because you guys do not have what I paid for". She gave me 3 different keys to look at other rooms and see if I liked any of them, I agreed to look at all of them and all were really nasty. Smelled bad, one was clearly a smoking room even though she denied it. They were really really nasty. I am not exaggerating. I went back to here, told her no. I wanted my money back. She clearly did not want to do that, so she offered me another room and walked me to it. Apparently this was a "nicer" room, probably for couples. They had tried to make it look nice and romantic but was really funky with weird/cheap decorations and broken & burnt candle holders in the bathroom which I felt was a safety hazard. Fake flowers, dirty wine glasses, funky purple/satin comforter and saris hanging from the wall...some weird African painting and no night table, just a tiny foot stool. Awkwardly placed furniture, the door barely fits between the wall and the foot of the bed....just a weird funky room. Anyway, I was tired and decided that was the least nasty room, so I said ok, we'll stay here, this is fine. She then told me she would charge me $15 extra, ($60 for original room plus $15 for this one, so a total of $70). I told her NO WAY. I had made the reservation because that's all I wanted to pay, and if I wanted to pay more for a room, I would have gone to a nicer hotel, I was not going to pay more and if that was the case then I wanted a refund. She reluctantly said ok and decided to give us the room at no additional cost. I thought she was crazy, who would pay $70 for that piece of junk! I would never go back to that place. One more thing, when my husband was re-parking our car, he drove by the office and she slowed him down and told him to "please leave a good review for the hotel on the website". I couldn't believe it. One more thing, if it wasn't for the a/c which was about A FOOT away from my husband's face (no kidding here), we would have stayed up all night listening to the guy on the other room, his tv was on for a long time! Very very very thin walls!!! The only good thing to say is that they were nice and at no moment did I lose my temper. They just didn't want to lose the sale and obviously they are willing to do anything for it. But there is NO maintenance in this place, after looking at 5 different rooms I can honestly say that. I assume they have a couple of nice bedrooms, otherwise I don't see how people would leave good reviews about this place. Good luck if you stay here, but beware, they will do anything to NOT give you a refund. THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING AND UNSANITARY! On our way back to Eugene we decided to stay at a different place downtown. It was worth it and it was the same price. Timbers Motel is a good option.

Room Tip: Don't come here!!! It's not worth it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank sparklfly

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I don't understand why some people don't like this place. They just probably got a bad room or wanted to pay cheap and expected to be in a Hilton quality hotel. Anyway, for the price, this is a very nice place to stay. The internet is fast, the guy at the counter was helpful, and the room was a lot better than some places I've stayed. I was here for business and I'm glad I picked this place. The AC was cold, the bed was big, the mattress, blankets, and pillows were clean, the room did not smell, good cable channels, bathroom looked good - I was very satisfied.

This place wasn't busy at the time so I got a free room upgrade too. If I come here again, either for business or leisure, I'd definitely come back!

Room Tip: tip - i stayed in room twenty-something...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Business_traveler016
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We had a wonderful stay for 4 nights!!!! Our hotel room was large 2 two double beds, nice shower & bath. The plus was the FULL Kitchen!!! That saved us a lot of money with buying food. Although if you do get hungry there is a Taco Time just in front of the hotel. Also if you get thursty there is a great local bar with in walking distance called O'Donnell's!!!! Thank you all for the great stay. We would love to come back and stay any time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Shellz347
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Unfortunately, I didn't check reviews of this hotel before booking a room. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was not walking away after meeting the man at the counter. He was rude and had no hesitation confronting me about how he was going to bill my credit card for any damage in his little kingdom. I am a 48 year woman. I'm not a wild college party kid. There is nothing about me that would give the impression I would damage anyones property. It took about a nano-second to figure out this guys intent was to pad my bill in order to finance his little hotel building project. I let him know that if there was ANY unjustified charges on my bill, I would have him in court. In our country, we do have laws and I am just the person who will drag him into court to help him learn they apply to everyone. A female standing up to this yahoo is apparently taboo and may have esculated the situation. Nevertheless, I took the room because I was pressed for time and figured I would not be dealing with him again (unless it was in court) so whatever!

Now, the room. The owner does need money for repairs! The bathroom door didn't close. You could see on the door jam where someone had attempted several times to fix the issue switching the hinges from oneside to the other, up, down ... breaking the tile and then just gave up. The mirror lights in the bath are all different. Thats just a small, inexpensive detail and yet gives you an over all expectation of the room. The bed is uncomfortable. It is covered with one very cheap blanket and two top sheets. Not even a fitted bottom sheet. I rented a queen size bed but I guess they figure a double is close enough and no one would notice. I also rented their best room with a jacuzzi. Only two of the jets worked. Picture what happens with the pressure pumping out of two jets when it is suppose to be pumping out of EIGHT! Water is blown up and out of the tub.

Now trying to find something good to say about the property. It was clean. Also, whoever tends to the roses has done a miraculous job. They were beautiful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OregonTreeHugR
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 3, 2011

The name of the motel says it all: Value Inn; the price I paid online was a real bargain. When I made my reservation, I was hesitant due to some of the negative reviews I had read. Upon check-in, I said I wanted to see the room to decide if it would be good enough for my 4-day stay. After seeing how clean the room was and the amenities of mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, I very happily stayed the 4 days. I'm very critical about motel bathrooms-- this one was very clean! My only complaint was some noise from neighbors, probably due to no insulation in the walls. I didn't make use of services, since I chose not make use of maid service. They even have rooms with jacuzzi bathtubs, but I didn't want to pay the high extra cost. I had a wonderful stay in Eugene, celebrating my granddaughter's 15th birthday. And yes, I would be very willing to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GrampaJerry
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Our stay was very comfortable and we couldn't have been happier with the price. The area certainly isn't scenic, and it is an older motel, but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. As a pleasant surprise our queen bed was upgraded to a king for no charge when we arrived. We'd definitely stay here again on our way through Eugene.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 58362Jules
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eugene
Hampton Inn Eugene
#2 of 14 in Springfield
Royal Inn Eugene
Royal Inn Eugene
#29 of 35 in Eugene

Been to Value Inn Motel? Share your experiences!