“Clean but ....”

Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Billings, Montana
“Clean but ....”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Older rooms. We got two rooms, one had nicely updated bath but the other was quite old. Tried to use microwave but it blew a breaker. When we tried to contact the desk pone would answer. Before we left we asked for reservations for one week later. They were having computer problems but they would take care of it. We also let them know that we would be on a late flight when we came in and we were told No Problem. As we pulled in at 11:30 pm, four women and a teen, the vacancy light was on, the parking lot all but empty. I rang the bell and waited several minutes. I rang a second time and finally got the tiny window opened. I was told we did not have reservations and there were no vacancies. The little window was closed and he left the room, leaving us standing in the parking lot with no idea where to go or what to do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The walls haven't been cleaned in years !! The stove didn't work ! The towels had blood stains on them !! Woke up the next morning and pulled back the sheets and found I had slept in a blood pile !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked our non-smoking two queen bed room well in advance for the Labour day weekend. We travel all the way from seattle to eugene just for the accomodation, only to realise that our booking has been cancelled since the credit card was invalid!! I made all the other booking for the trip though the same card and I wonder why the card didnt work at this place alone. I told them to swipe my card right in front of me and prove that its not working and they said they wont!!! It was very evident that they havent honoured my reservation from booking.com and gave out our accomodation to someone else and were looking for reasons!! When I asked them why they could call me or email me that the card isint working( i booked 7 days in advance), they said the tried validating it only on the day of arrival.

Seeing that they have clearly cheated us out and left with no other go, we asked if he had any other room available at all and he said none. The receptionist was the most insensitive of all. After the extreme driving from Seattle to Eugene, we were forced to travel to travel to Roseburg since we couldnt find any accommodation in Eugene that day(labour day weekend).

We called the agent from Booking.com and they said, ideally, the hotel guys should have tried accommodating us in a near by hotel or offer some help, neither of which, was done. The booking.com agent told us that the charges will be reimbursed, but what about the driving we did and the mental tension and trauma we went through, at 11pm to 3am in the night??

I wouldnt hold booking.com responsible since they acted on it sensibly but Night Inn motel should be avoided at all times by all people, for the kind of people they are.

I cant comment on the rooms itself since we werent offered any.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We would have been happier sleeping in the back of our car. The smell of the room was disgusting! pure mold and old smoke. I questioned if the sheets were even clean. The night attendant was rude and over charged us, it took over 2 weeks to get our deposit and refund back. This place is in need of a major overhall if they want to remain in business. Spend the extra 10 bucks and stay somewhere anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for one nite which was one too many. The owner was extremely rude. He charged us a deposit in case we damaged his room but you cant damage a slum. We pulled back the covers and found long black hair and short black hair Gross!!! The room was excrutiatingly hot and the air didnt work either. The bathroom was disgusting the fridge was frozen up and the whole room smelled like smoke and mold. If you come to Eugene and need a room steer clear from this one

• Stayed August 2012
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed January 21, 2012

If the smell of the place doesn't make you want to vomit (it will), take a closer look at the bedding. Too many pubes per square inch for my taste, so I ended up throwing the bedding on the floor and sleeping in my sleeping bag on top of my sleeping pad on the bed. I probably should've added another layer to protect the sleeping pad. Going barefoot is not an option here. If given the choice, I'd rather enforce the 5-second rule in a Tijuana taxi than eat off the floor of the Nite Inn. Avoid this dump at all costs if you still have a sense of dignity or even a sense of smell.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank CoastalCabbie
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I understand we were looking for something cheap but I stayed at the BW for not much more money and it was much nicer. The front desk person was extremely rude and you can hardly understand him. Rooms were dirty with hair and mold in bathtub. Desk drawers were broken and falling out. AC was froze up because the filter was so dirty. My husband pulled out the filter and it began to work. The small refridgerator under bathroom sink was old dirty and iced over so it was not working properly either. This was a horrible experience. Fortunatly we only needed the room for one night on our way out of town.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family