“Excellent Gourmet Dining”
Review of Koho Bistro - CLOSED

Koho Bistro
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springfield, Oregon
“Excellent Gourmet Dining”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

By girlfriend treated me to my birthday at Koho Bistro. Its location in a strip mall in SW Eugene is a bit off-putting but one quickly gets over that upon entering. Very nicely decorated and appointed. We split a chicken gizzard salad (it doesn't sound too good but it was excellent!). Girlfriend had the quail which was very tasty, albeit not a huge meal. I had the sablefish which was excellent although very bony. I'd probably try something else next time. This is truly a gourmet restaurant with fairly reasonable prices. Service was superb. Highly recommended and we'll be back.

• Visited March 2014

Eugene, Oregon
“Pretty good”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and i went here on a date night and our drinks, apps, and service were wonderful, but the entrées didn't really meet our expectations. He loved his spanish coffee which they rolled the entire outside of the glass in sugar and lit on fire. The brie mac n cheese alone is worth going back for it was delicious. I ordered the game hen ehh it was dry, and he ordered the rabbit which was ruined by the little bones in every single piece that was heavily dredged and deep fried to a crisp. Their absinthe infused ice cream dish topped off the night. If we do go back it'll definitely be for apps and dessert.

Oregon
“"A hidden gem"”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were visiting Eugene and wanted to take our 14-year-old son (a self-described "foody") to one of Eugene's better restaurants. A quick callout to friends on Facebook elicited quite a few suggestions. We chose Koho after looking at their menu on-line. First impression: we were surprised and little put off to find Koho is tucked away in a strip mall on the SW part of Eugene. Not a trendy neighborhood, and certainly not walking distance to anything central. But, once we walked in the restaurant, all thoughts of the parking lot outside vanished.

The interior is clean and crisp, nice turmeric colored leather benches, nice lighting, nice shiney concrete floor. I would call it post-Industrial chic. We were quickly greeted, seated and served with a wealth of information about the wine and food. Every choice we made was a winner. Soups were perfect, the salads crisp and flavorful, and our entrees out of this world.

I had the duck (the chef won Iron Chef Oregon with his preparation of duck - and I - not a big duck fan {sorry UofO} loved it.) My meal came with a cranberry chutney and this wonderful preparation of butternut squash and potatoes. Beautiful. My husband had the pork, which is apparently a customer favorite, and my son - a lamb aficionado - had their special, a lamb shank with mashed potatoes and curried brussel sprouts. The shank meat fell from the bone, and Elijah declared it was the best lamb he has ever had. He even ate his brussel sprouts! We didn't have dessert, as we had already stopped at our favorite Eugene bakery (Metropol) and bought slices of cake to bring home. I give this place my heartiest recommendation.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jazger
Chicago, Illinois
“Koho Bistro”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The salmon was fresh and cooked to perfection. It sat on a plate of arugula, mushrooms, and potatoes. The waiter described it as something like a warm salad. I just moved it around on the plate until it looked normal and ate with pleasure. I would go back here any day. The food, service and decor were all good.

• Visited February 2014
eugene, Or
“New year eve party”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I would give it five stars on last visit but this time probably 3 1/2 as food was a little inconsistent the shrimp was chewy and the meatloaf was dry. The service was very good.

1 Thank deteugene_Or