“A good time and great place!”
Review of Koho Bistro - CLOSED

Koho Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love the Koho! It has the best atmosphere and amazing staff! Usually when I go out, I stick to what I like (or know). Everytime I go to the Koho I try something new- and LOVE it everytime. The chef did used to work for Hugh Hefner- so you KNOW you will be eating good!
This restaurant has amazing/friendly staff and a great bar! The drinks are always perfect and if you are lucky enough to sit at the bar- the bartender Cory will keep you laughing the whole night. I highly reccomend this restaurant- you will not be disapointed!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a hidden gem. The restaurant location itself is a bit out of the way--definitely a 'destination' not so much a spot to happen upon.

The atmosphere is cool and sleek with an open feel. I absolutely love the copper tables and lighting.

Service was impressive. We had a birthday reservation for 16 and were treated with care and attention even though our waiter had other tables to cover. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, specials, drinks and overall items in each menu offering. My only thought was that with recent positive media, they seemed busy enough to need someone who was available for water/drink refills, and help with clearing empty plates--which I inquired about and they were in the hiring process for someone to do just that.

The food was divine. It is very obvious that the menu is created with care and attention to local ingredients and it tasted fresh, crisp and pure. I was lucky enough to be dining with enough people to sample a bit of every item on their summer menu--the wilted spinach salad comes with a smoked egg puree that is positively amazing. The pea salad was so fresh and flavorful that I could have eaten it as an entree and left happy.
As for entrees, the Berkshire pork chop was my favorite (delectable house-made apple butter and some of the best potatoes I've ever tasted!)--followed closely by the hanger steak and Peking duck.

Desserts are elegant and flavorful. The ganache is rich and sweet--and paired with the rose panna cotta made for quite the treat.

All in all, I felt like I was eating like royalty and was treated as such.

Impressive! A rare all-inclusive experience. Thank you!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

A nice looking place with great possibilities. I want it to succeed. This was my second visit. I was disappointed. The wait staff was undertrained or ill suited for the work. The food was pretentious. The fish was overcooked. The duck was over cooked. There were oddly named sauces that did not make the dishes better. I want to tell them to stick with the basics and make great food. If they do, they will become great.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Frequently use TA to find new places to dine. Pleased to find this place. The food was delicious, friendly staff and atmosphere. Prices were decent.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Being the Iron Chef of Oregon has to mean something and it does..the menu has wonderful mix of flavors from the cheese plate with house made mustardo and jams, to exquisite salads and entrees... I'm not a dessert person but there was a dessert last night that I kept thinking about today; banana bread with on the side a lovely maple tapioca and a sublime banana purée on the other side and topped with ice cream ... Such a nice blending of multiple flavors. More people need to come out to West Eugene for this gem!