“Fresh, Healthy and Tasty - love at first bite!”
Review of Cornbread Cafe

Cornbread Cafe
Ranked #20 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 100% Vegan Comfort Food with a southern twist - Mostly Organic, All Non-Gmo. Family-friendly. All are welcome!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have the pleasure of living in Eugene where this little gem of a restaurant is. Even if you are not vegan, or vegetarian (I am not), you will find very yummy offerings on their very creative menu.
Everything I have tried (which has been a lot) is always fresh, very well prepared and tasty.
For those who wish for something truly prepared with care and your health in mind it is a must try. For me I try to eat there as often as I can - I highly recommend the 'Chicn Fried Steak and Mashed taters with cashew gravy. Don't judge til after your first visit and I am sure you will be headed there on a regular basis. PS they have the best french fries of anywhere I have had, they are fresh, hot and not greasy ( and offer Cajan :) too) For the GF crowd this place has many options for you too.

1  Thank Pam E

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Waitress seated us and disappeared. Saw her later with her coat on leaving the building! hmmm... We tried and tried to flag down another waitress with no luck. She finally came by and took our order. She then delivered the wrong food. :( I asked for decaf coffee and was informed they mix hot water with instant. Yuck. So I ordered reg instead and it was barely lukewarm. The soup of the day was roasted veg stew and it was fairly tasty. It came with cornbread - I asked for plain but was given jalapeno in error. Salad was good. Friend had chili and said it was good. Between the poor service and messed up order it took away from the food for sure.

1  Thank Sunday1953
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited the cafe while touring the University of Oregon. It was Mexican menu night. Although vegetarian, I'm not a big fan of vegetarian food that is made to taste like meat, but these folks made terrific enchiladas using local, organic, ingredients. The ambiance is simple but comfortable. The service was very good. The cost was modest. If I have the pleasure of returning to Eugene, I will definitely dine there again.

2  Thank BLCutler
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wonderful little place to eat healthy. Eating healthy on a road trip can be a challenge if you want quick food. However Cafe Cornbread was an answer to my and my husband's needs, as it is a great Vegan restaurant. I wanted healthy and wholesome. He wanted no seafood due to his seafood allergies and no pork.

The kale potato soup...amazing. My husband only gave me a small taste and then quickly pulled his bowl back to his side of table.

My portobello mushroom topped with fresh spinach and sauteed onions, paired with the original cornbread...awesome.

Customer service was wonderful. Full of energy with smiles all around, from the cook, prep guy, waitress to the manager.

I absolutely love Cafe Cornbread!

We will MOST definitely be back.

Michael & Jen

1  Thank JMcCall1
Reviewed March 16, 2013

They support good causes in the local community, serve great food, have wonderful service and it is a nice bright break during the gloomy winter days. Worth going.