“Food decent-service not so much so” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cornbread Cafe
Ranked #21 of 607 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eugene, Oregon
“Food decent-service not so much so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Waitress seated us and disappeared. Saw her later with her coat on leaving the building! hmmm... We tried and tried to flag down another waitress with no luck. She finally came by and took our order. She then delivered the wrong food. :( I asked for decaf coffee and was informed they mix hot water with instant. Yuck. So I ordered reg instead and it was barely lukewarm. The soup of the day was roasted veg stew and it was fairly tasty. It came with cornbread - I asked for plain but was given jalapeno in error. Salad was good. Friend had chili and said it was good. Between the poor service and messed up order it took away from the food for sure.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sunday1953

“Vegan Comfort Good at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited the cafe while touring the University of Oregon. It was Mexican menu night. Although vegetarian, I'm not a big fan of vegetarian food that is made to taste like meat, but these folks made terrific enchiladas using local, organic, ingredients. The ambiance is simple but comfortable. The service was very good. The cost was modest. If I have the pleasure of returning to Eugene, I will definitely dine there again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank BLCutler
“Amazing! Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wonderful little place to eat healthy. Eating healthy on a road trip can be a challenge if you want quick food. However Cafe Cornbread was an answer to my and my husband's needs, as it is a great Vegan restaurant. I wanted healthy and wholesome. He wanted no seafood due to his seafood allergies and no pork.

The kale potato soup...amazing. My husband only gave me a small taste and then quickly pulled his bowl back to his side of table.

My portobello mushroom topped with fresh spinach and sauteed onions, paired with the original cornbread...awesome.

Customer service was wonderful. Full of energy with smiles all around, from the cook, prep guy, waitress to the manager.

I absolutely love Cafe Cornbread!

We will MOST definitely be back.

Michael & Jen

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JMcCall1
Independence, Oregon
“Vegie and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

They support good causes in the local community, serve great food, have wonderful service and it is a nice bright break during the gloomy winter days. Worth going.

• Visited December 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Diner With a Twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a vegetable lover, but non-vegan, I brought a vegetarian customer here recently as a result of the positive reviews. My impression--and his--is that the Cornbread Cafe is a solid choice for vegans [and non] looking for a nice meal in the marketplace. The night we were there, they appeared to be down one server and as a result the service was more 'European speed' [which is not always a bad thing]: nevertheless, with a pending flight we were somewhat rushed at the end. The food was fresh and good and displayed creativity, and ultimately we really viewed it as a solid but non-exceptional choice. Would I return? Yes. Are there better overall options in Eugene? Yes.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cornbread Cafe? Share your experiences!