“Mmmmmm, good!”

Cornbread Cafe
Ranked #22 of 615 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 100% Vegan Comfort Food with a southern twist - Mostly Organic, All Non-Gmo. Family-friendly. All are welcome!
Monroe, Oregon
“Mmmmmm, good!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped in here while waiting to get our car washed a few blocks away. What a treat! We had the Moody Portebello and Todd's greens. Absolutely delicious. We decided to share the meal. Next time I am getting my own plate! I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys good food. You do not have to be a vegan to love this food!

• Visited August 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent vegan COMFORT food”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Super cute atmosphere.
The chef knows what he is doing
Old Diner--booths and counter seating; maybe a table & chairs in front corner.
Have eaten here 3 times & will be back.

Visited August 2012
Oregon
“Not a vegan but loved this food!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is such a treasure. It started out as a rockin' food cart, and now is a cozy little cafe. I had the Mac UnCheese, Mashed taters and country gravy, southern fried tofu, shredded BBQ Seitan, and corn bread, and they were all very tasty and filling! It was for a small catered party and they did a great job setting it all up. The owner really made us feel at home. I am looking forward to going back and taking my friends!

• Visited June 2012
Oregon
“Vegan Comfort Food at Its Best!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I eat here almost every week and I've liked almost everything I've tried. The build-your-own option allows you to mix and match items. They are good about substitutions and accommodating special diets, such as gluten-free. Favorites are the Eugenewich and the Build-Your-Own meal with either chicken-fried tempeh or BBQ seitan. They have breakfast on weekends, which are huge and could easily be split between two people. For a smaller breakfast plate, you can't go wrong with the Sammy-I-Ammy (vegan english muffin morning sandwich).

My only complaint is that they used to open at 8 for breakfast and now it's 9. I'm sure that was due to numbers of customers, but this early bird can't often wait that long for breakfast so I don't come in as often as I would love to. Overall though, a great, friendly, yummy place!

• Visited June 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The old Cornbread Cafe trailer was the first place we ate in Eugene when we were on a trip to decide whether to move to the area. We were excited when they opened a real restaurant and have enjoyed eating there several times. I especially love the Eugenewich. Uncle Todd's Greens are also yummy. Everything is vegan, so you can order without concern. We highly recommend this cafe for anyone who eats!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank T P M

Been to Cornbread Cafe? Share your experiences!