“too noisy”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

food very good, service very slow, noise awful. Outside seating is quieter. Location and parking was great

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant has only been open a short while. It smells "new".it is very relaxing, and had a very large selection of brews. I had the pot roast, with mashed potatoes. It was served open face. The pulled pork sandwich was very good as well. Try the wedge salad. Good stuff. For desert, try the baked beignet. Devin was our server, and did a very nice job. We will go back.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been to the new BJ's Restaurant twice since it moved to Valley River Mall. Once we ate outside on the patio with another couple and once inside with a family table for 8. Both experiences were average.

The patio service was slow and I had a pizza that was heavy on dough and lite on taste. We also were the downwind recipients of the smokers waiting out front for their tables. So much for the smoke free dining!

Our family experience was about the same. I ordered a non-BJ's beer from a local micro-brew and never got it. After three attempts by the waitress, I finally settled on one of BJ's brews. The service was slow, until we got our food. The it was how fast can they clear the plates and get you out the door. I admit that I am a slow eater, but when the waitress was serving the desserts before I finished my entre, that bugged me. I can say that we all enjoyed the food, the fish and chips were great. The desserts were also great.

Two other items worth mentioning. One, the place is loud. The acoustics are warehouse ceiling and the noise echoes throughout. Hearing conversations is difficult. Two, the floor manager needs some remedial training. She was texting on her phone while working. And later on did not even notice the two waiters assigned to a large party were having a loud argument in the dining room right behind our table about splitting the party table.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went for lunch at the new beautiful location. Went way down hill from there. Took 45 minutes and 4 tries to get an open table. By the time we were seated outside there were three more open tables. Not sure why the give out menus? They just bring whatever is in the window 45 minutes after you order. Been this way since they first opened in Eugene. Both of our orders were wrong. When we pointed this out the waitress just said sorry and left. They were kinda close. Kicker was $6 plus for the house beer that was in a tiny glass. Looked less than 10 oz. $50 bucks for two small plates a glass of cheap wine and two glasses of beer. Not even real meals. Not for me again. We have had their pizza on occasion, good but not worth the total price and hassle.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The drinks were way overpriced and weak. I told them the drink was not satisfactory and they did not offer to remake. Prices were not on menu so I was shocked when I got the bill. The bad drink was more than my entrée. They forgot my appetizer and the food was subpar for the price. the waiter was hitting on me ( yuck). Overall the experience was not up to my expectations. The pizzooki was worth the 2 stars.