“Wow! Eating at its best!”
Review of Rye

Rye
Ranked #17 of 657 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The world is a village, welcome to ours. We are a european village-inspired restaurant featuring pre-prohibition cocktails, a small but growing wine list and local craft beers and spirits. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent a wonderful two hours at Rye for dinner. Everything we tried was perfect...the cheese plate, Moroccan Meatball appetizer, Salmon Corn Chowder, Goat Cheese Salad, Housemade Ravioli, and specialty chocolates. This all made for a marvelous, totally satisfying, five-course dinner. The flavor profile of every item was fantastic.

1  Thank ctomac

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Electing quality over quantity, the food tends to be on the healthier side of many dining-out options and can be challenging to the Applebee's / Denny's trained palate. The menu has a strong local influence and is eclectic. It reminds me of the hippie culture common to Eugene, but matured, wizened and refined, and without losing its roots.

On warmer days, there is a wonderful deck for sitting outside. On cooler days the interior provides the security of a low ceiling, not uncomfortable, but avoiding the trend of vacuous open spaces that cannot be made to feel warm.

2  Thank inog
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is our favorite place in Eugene to eat. It is casual, but with a European menu. We like that they use seasonal ingredients, so the menu changes or is tweaked with the seasons. One of our favorite desserts is the creme caramel, but it is also nice to be able to get one chocolate with which to finish a meal. We have always found the wait staff to be good, friendly, attentive and nice. My absolute favorite thing is that they have a French Chablis and a Cote du Rhone on the wine list. Hard to find, reasonably priced and good, good, good.

2  Thank annpriv
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was passing through from L.A. and "Rye" caught my eye. Lucky for me. What a charming restaurant. The service was fabulous .. the menu was fabulous .. the chocolates were fabulous !!
I sat on their patio and they were kind enough to pamper my tiny friend LoLa.
How fortunate Eugene is to have this stylish establishment with great hospitality.
When my travels bring me back to Ore. I will certainly return to Rye.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

STOLE our money.
Bad food / Bad Service

The Story:

Me and my husband deiced to celebrate his birthday by trying out a new restaurant, bad luck we choose Rye since its new in town. We went there around 6 PM, our server name David made our experience the worst.

We were seated after standing for a while even though the place was not THAT full, we were seated in dark area which is behind the bar, in your right hand when you enter the place, the light was off since NO ONE were sitting in that side. Then he came back and open the light for us! brought the menu and left, after really really while he came asking us if we deiced, passed more than 8 mints till he came back.

He finally came and took our order and didn't offer any drinks for us and meanwhile four couples had arrived. Surprisingly enough, those two table had their order very early before us. Our food came out to us really cold!! and really taste bad. The Server, had been checking with the other tables for any needs or if the food were satisfying to them or not, while us never been checked or asked for any need. My husband had to rise his hand slightly little up waiving to him because he wanted a salt !!

I didn't finish my order because it didn't tested good to me. The other two table were finishing up and the server came to them asking them for boxing any desert, and he barely came back to us and when he did he looked at us, and we asked for the bill and didn't offer a box or a desert, at least like the other tables. Still we were thanking him and smiling while he acted very rude to us.

OUR Bill came out with $51.00 total and we decided to add $0 as a tip, no tip at all, because we felt bad and an welcomed and the whole experience were sad. This is the most bad experience I had in any restaurant in my whole life.

So, my husband singed the tip line as $0 and wrote the total $51.00 which was our order only. And we left.

After few days when my husband check his account it showed DIFFERENT total than the one we SINGED up!!!

Our order was $51.00 and They TOOK $56.10 !!!
%10 has been stolen from our account without any respect! we went back to the restaurant talked to the manger explained to her the whole situation, she went back after asking us which day was our visit and came back with all the receipts for that day. She said it shows that you didn't left any receipt !!! Which was not true and we assure to her that we actually did and we wrote a $0 as a tip because we wanted to show that we were not satisfied with the experience.

SHE SAID: " if the waiters didn't see the receipt they will assume that the customers had left %10 which is the minimum ".! I told her it would be safer if they didn't assume anything at all, since its other people's money!!
She offered our money back unless we want to make it up for drinks !!!
She thanked us for coming back and added:

" Even though its only $5.10 but its good you came all they way back"
I told her its our money even if its a dollar we would come back, this is stealing money and not acceptable behavior in any level, its like someone had putting their hands in your wallet and took your money!!

Finally, She sent us the money cash via mail after one week.

I have added a photo taken from our account indicating that they took $56.10 and another photo shows the mail we got from them which is the %10 ( $5.10).

CHECK The PHOTOS I added!!

I would never recommend this place for anyone they have no respect for their costumers.

JUST avoid and keep in mind that your money really counts.

6  Thank Najla N

Been to Rye? Share your experiences!