“samurai stir fry was great”
Review of Turtles & The Loft

Turtles & The Loft
Ranked #92 of 639 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Description: Welcome to Turtles & The Loft! Come enjoy traditional American comfort food with a little of our local Eugene vibe. We offer the highest quality, local ingredients such as Free Range Chicken, Oregon Country Natural Beef, Wild Pacific Salmon and Wild Pacific Tiger Prawns! We create as much from scratch as we possibly can to deliver the best experience for our guests. For over 16 years Turtles has strived to bring the best flavors, ingredients and service to Eugene, Oregon. The Loft is adjacent to our main dining room and serves the same great menu in a quieter and classy adult atmosphere. Come visit us for great cocktails, wines and local microbrews including a Quantum Pale Ale from Ninkasi made just for us called Slowpoke! Open from 5 PM to close, Monday through Saturday, no minors. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fresh organic food, a favorite with family and locals. Lots of college age folk both studying and eating. Nice service. Not the best of atmosphere but fun.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Everything was great. The timing of the service, was just right, they greeted us, checked in on us at the right time each time. Service was always with a smile and pleasant. We all had salads, all we're good. Mine was one of the best salads I have ever had. Fresh, good mix of favors. I had the cranberry champagne chicken salad, I changed the vinegar based dressing as vinegar and I don't agree. I tried a little blue cheese dressing and the dill dressing. This is an AMAZING salad. We were in for lunch so we probably missed some of the bar seen as mentioned in other reviews.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We always visit Turtles at least once whenever we're in town. The side salad is a meal in itself, with beets and garbanzo beans in addition to greens. My dad always has the Reuben, and this time I had the free-range chicken salad with cranberries and candied walnuts. I didn't think I could eat it all, but I did! There's a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan options with tofu and tempeh, too.

1  Thank Claudia B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on a west coast vacation and stopped overnight in Eugene. We chose this restaurant from good reviews in the local hotel reviews. Boy were they wrong. First off, we waited quite some time for our server to come take our order. If this had been at a busy time, it would be expected. It wasn't that busy (SEVERAL empty tables and no one in the back room). When our server finally came, her interest in doing her job was minimal at best. After bringing our drinks, I had to ask for sweetener for my tea, twice. A good waitress will bring it with the drinks. When I got my meal, it was only then I realized that she had brought me something I hadn't ordered in the first place. Since my wife had her meal, I choose not to point out the error on the waitresses part. Needless to say, the small amount I left for a tip was far too much. The food was poor quality for the price and the service was even poorer. Avoid this place unless you just like to be treated poorly and sold bad food.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Service was great: friendly and helpful. The entire environment was cheerful and unpretentious. My meal was short of excellent which is the only reason I'm giving a four instead of a five rating. The portions were very generous. I found it a wonderful place to unwind in at the end of a long day . . .

1  Thank wowistar