“Just Horrible! Go elsewhere!”
Review of Tio Pepe

Tio Pepe
Ranked #156 of 641 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

First time there and let me tell you if my sister wasn't insistent I would have ran as soon as I saw all the garbage in the doorway! Very old dirty decor, flys, no air conditioning and the tables and menus dirty and sticky. I decided not to attempt to get anything to crazy or expensive as I anticipated the meal might not be so great, boy was I right! I ordered 2 beef tacos and they were unedible and the waitress saw me put them aside with a napkin on top and she decided to just not come back to the table. My sis ordered a shrimp cocktail....OMG it tasted so fishy! I am quite sure the the shrimp was rotten. Please just try another place.

1  Thank Livin4adventure

Reviewed March 7, 2012

An extensive menu of Mexican fare. I've eaten here many times. Not a bad item on the menu. From the chips and spiced carrots to the entrees, Gond from beginning to end. Have not tried the liquor, but a full bar is available. Nice atmosphere. You can carry on a conversation without being washed out by the other conversations, even when busy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

After 8 years we went back in here. Around 21 we went in here alot for the drink and pickles veg that comes with the chips. Absolutey nothing has changed. After sitting in the bar we waiting about 5 minutes we were greeted by no one. I got up and grabbed our menus. I had notices the owner was preping and serving. He would walk by never even giving explanation or HELLO. Our waters were set down chips salsa, pickled veg. He walked away. We wanted drinks as well. Another 5 go buy. He take sour order and was walking away I had to practically yell to get him to turn telling him what we wanted from the bar. He was the bartender to. We were in good conversation and spirit so none of this really got to me. Our food came quickly 10 minutes later I thought it would have taken forever. I got the carne asada and a tamale. The other order was baked rancheros. It was just as i remembered Delicious. Authentic is the word. Real Mexican food. Its not commercialized and was worth TO ME... The one man doing multiple jobs. It's inexpensive and quality.

Been to Tio Pepe? Share your experiences!