“I'd go back”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Ghent, Belgium
“I'd go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

Decent place that offers a spacious room, a good service, complimentary breakfast and free computer access. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

We were delighted with the place. We were road weary and just needed a cheap, decent place to sleep. We also wanted to walk into town for a late meal. First checked-in at the Timbers Inn and my husband took one look at the room and checked us back out. Drove around a bit, checking things out and thought the Courtesy Inn looked fine. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. Updated curtains, carpet, bedspreads and bathroom.. Flat-screen TV, microwave and little frig. They still have the old-fashioned knotty pine paneling on some walls, but it was in nice shape and gave the place a kind of cozy ,old-fashioned feel. Clean as could be and the towels were fine(to address concerns in other reviews). Easy walk to downtown and the Steelhead Brewery. Saw several flat-screen TV boxes outside the office, so they must be in the process of changing things out. We paid $68 on a Friday night, which was $10 more than the Timbers place and well worth it. Dog owners note that they do not allow pets and have a large sign that warns that you will charged $250 if you have one in the room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

I missed my train and had to stay one night in Eugene close to the train station. I checked out two motels in the area and this one was the most appealing. Workers were watering plants and hosing off the pavement. The outside was clean and welcoming and the inside of my room did not disappoint, except that there were two towels that appeared to have gone through a shredder. I was willing to overlook it because of the economy, but now I think they should make sure that the towels do not have holes in them. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast quite adequate -- I had orange juice, a muffin, and fresh fruit. I would be happy to stay there again (good rate, good location).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

OK, yes, this place is cheap. But it's also dirty. The bathroom was not clean. When I first walked into the bathroom, there was a dirty towel behind the door. And generally speaking it just was not clean.

I originally had reservations for two nights. After the first night I didn't want to stay again, and I called them around 1pm the next day to see if I could cancel my reservation. They told me no, that they could not cancel the reservation on such short notice.

So I went to check in at 4 pm and they had given my room away!

I called that night to make sure that I would not be charged for the room. It's a good thing I did, because according to my credit card statement they charged me for the second night, and then refunded the charge the following day. The whole thing left me feeling like they were trying to rip me off.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

We were on a 5-day trip to Oregon and this was our first stop. It is rather worn, but very clean, pretty quiet and very centrally located. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the price was very reasonable and we were very happy with it. The wi-fi connection was unreliable.

• Liked — Cleanliness and good bed.
  • Disliked — Poor internet connection.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2006

Ugh. This motel is in dire need of renovation. The greatest concerns we had were safety. Our room had a front door that had about 2 inches of movement even when shut, locked and latched from the inside. The bathroom door would not shut, the wood was warped at the top. The bathroom window, at street level onto a lot next door, had no curtain or blind, with bars on the outside. The bathroom sink was coming detached from the wall, and there was a large circular crack in the glass shelf above the falling sink. Decor-wise, the room had hideous wood paneling on both ends. A large stain was running down the closet door mirror and another on the side of the TV. There are plenty of other cheap rooms in Eugene without having to stay here. Avoid it!

• Stayed August 2006
4 Thank J_J_sanjose
courtesyinneugene, Owner at Courtesy Inn Eugene, responded to this review, February 24, 2009
Within the last year, the Courtesy Inn Eugene has gone through extensive renovations. Including new carpets, new doors with electronic locks, new paint in all rooms, renovated bathrooms with new vanities, and brand new air conditioning and heating units. We guarantee our guests' total satisfaction - if you are not 100% satisfied with your stay, our staff will do their utmost to ensure your comfort.
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2006

I was in Eugene for 3 days with my son to visit U of Oregon. The Courtesy Inn is very centrally located, right at the foot of the freeway, right at the edge of downtown, a few blocks from UO. The property is a typical motel. The rooms are a bit small, we had a room with 2 queens, and it was barely big enough for the 2 beds, and 1 table. The A/C was extremely noisy but effective. The service was mediocre, not particularly friendly. I had a business associate who tried to call me in my room, and he said the phone rang 25 times, and there were no answer. He called me on my cell phone to tell me that, I walked up to the front desk, the woman at the front desk was on another call, and when she finally got off the call, I told her about my friend calling in, and she shrugged her shoulders, looked annoyed and said, "well, I'm here by myself, you know...". I guess it never occurred to her that she could have put a caller on hold to pick up another call.

I had a very good rate, it was only $68 a night. The room was clean enough, but definitely not sparkling. The pillows were a bit lumpy, but for that price, it was totally acceptable.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business