“This place took my money and won't return it. Double dipping!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Eugene
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
BRUSH PRAIRIE
“This place took my money and won't return it. Double dipping!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've stayed here multiple times. I did show my debit card to check in family, since the staff said their prepaid debit card wouldn't take. The card 's receipt showed LaQuinta had taken the money. Desk staff was not willing to take the time to remedy the situation, so I allowed my card to hold the reservation. The following day, they also took the money off my card and the other debit card. They were argumentative and refused to assist.
On Monday, my bank confirmed I was minus $ 186. My call was a waste of time trying to straighten this out with the manager. Just too bad. They are double dipping. It's outrageous!

The pool was not opened. Nor the hot tub. The hallways are extremely hot, no air. The parking spaces are too small unless you want door damage.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank sharpei70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

My family and I decided to stay here for the college football season for home games this year. We have another family memeber that is part of the local team and wish to relax after the game rather than the 2 hour drive home. Already having spent several thousand dollars at this hotel in the last two months. All I can say is that the front desk people are extremely rude and do not care about customer service! Every interaction with the front desk employess has been awful! We have been treated badly, told to take care of issues ourselves (even when a brochure states the front desk can do it for you), double charged and told it was not there problem it was ours to deal with and the bank. I brought concerns to managment and nothing was done, so I asked for the general manager I was told, "Sorry, he's in Vegas". I know of numerous other team family members that stay here and I will be passing the word along to go else where. Just because they are the closest hotel near the stadium does not give them the right to treat people like crap. Sad too, the housekeeping staff are absolute wonderful and helpful people, but most definetely not the front desk or manager!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

The La Quinta in Eugene, Oregon is a ridiculous outfit. This experience was the complete opposite of the one we had when we stayed in the La Quinta in Grants Pass, Oregon last week. On July 17, 2010, my wife and two kids had the worst hotel experience of our lives. The only saving grace was the futile efforts of the desk help, Daniel. All of the following happened after the whole family drove for nine hours. My two kids are six and 14 months old. We all needed a break but didn’t get one. This is NOT a family friendly hotel.

The first room we got was supposed to be non-smoking, but was clearly not as evidenced from the smell coming off the curtains and sheets. The second room wasn’t even the same kind of room we originally booked and needed to accommodate the family. The third room’s door separating the bedroom from the living area didn’t close and, it too smelled of smoke. The fourth room door didn’t close, was hot, and had inadequate air conditioning to cool both the bedroom and living area. We had two sleeping kids halfway moved, at 9:30pm at night after we realized the problems with the fourth room. They were asleep on our shoulders at the time.

Evidently, it seems as though this hotel has extremely poor management and is used primarily for UO out of town tail-gaters in the Fall as it is located very close to Autzen stadium. I strongly recommend no one stay in this hotel, especially if you have a family and especially if you have any standards for what a hotel stay is supposed to be. No room is exactly the same. Something important is different from nearly every room. Everything has been poorly crafted with little attention to maintenance. We ended up going back to the third room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gradstudent74
Orange County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

I came to visit my student at UO. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express (which is a little pricey and noisy) they were booked so I tried this hotel. I loved it. Stayed in a two queen room on the view side. It had a view of the pond. The room was good size. The price was great. They were very helpful with directions as I was there to help my son find a place to stay for next school year. They received faxes for me and called me when they came in. The location is perfect, not right next to the college (so not alot of noise). Grocery store, shops, food very close. Close to the freeway. Five minute drive to campus. The breakfast was standard but FREE. This is where I will stay every time I come to visit...next 5 years (law school).....ugh...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

We only stayed one night but I liked their beds. The room had a kitchenette which we didn't use but it's good to know that these hotels have them for future travel. The only downside with the room was that the thermostat wasn't working in the room we got. We were offered another room but by then we had already settled in and were too tired to move. Otherwise the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the cost included an expanded continental breakfast which is always great when you have a large family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

The whirlpool suite has a nice picture window--with no curtain. My apologies to those who saw me bathing naked. There is not enough parking, and the stalls do not fit larger vehicles. Our car was sideswiped during our stay, and hotel staff were not even willing to help us with calling police.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I spent one night here as a stopover while heading home. I had my dog with me and the staff were very welcoming. The lobby was nice, staff friendly and the rooms were clean. There was a park across the street, which was great for walking my dog. I also got a good rate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009