“Trip to Visit UO Student”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Eugene
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Orange County
“Trip to Visit UO Student”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

I came to visit my student at UO. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express (which is a little pricey and noisy) they were booked so I tried this hotel. I loved it. Stayed in a two queen room on the view side. It had a view of the pond. The room was good size. The price was great. They were very helpful with directions as I was there to help my son find a place to stay for next school year. They received faxes for me and called me when they came in. The location is perfect, not right next to the college (so not alot of noise). Grocery store, shops, food very close. Close to the freeway. Five minute drive to campus. The breakfast was standard but FREE. This is where I will stay every time I come to visit...next 5 years (law school).....ugh...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

We only stayed one night but I liked their beds. The room had a kitchenette which we didn't use but it's good to know that these hotels have them for future travel. The only downside with the room was that the thermostat wasn't working in the room we got. We were offered another room but by then we had already settled in and were too tired to move. Otherwise the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the cost included an expanded continental breakfast which is always great when you have a large family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

The whirlpool suite has a nice picture window--with no curtain. My apologies to those who saw me bathing naked. There is not enough parking, and the stalls do not fit larger vehicles. Our car was sideswiped during our stay, and hotel staff were not even willing to help us with calling police.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I spent one night here as a stopover while heading home. I had my dog with me and the staff were very welcoming. The lobby was nice, staff friendly and the rooms were clean. There was a park across the street, which was great for walking my dog. I also got a good rate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009
Puyallup, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights during our annual trip to the DUCK game. The hotel is in a great location, and is an easy walk to the stadium. The location also is great because it is right next to Alton Baker Park... bring your bike!
The hotel was clean and quiet. We also spent some time in the indoor pool and hot tub, which was also clean.
Highly recommended for your next trip to Eugene.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
ft lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

As soon as I walked into the room I smelled urine and mildew. I checked the bathroom and sure enough there was thick black gunk on the bottom of the shower handle. You can't see it unless you look underneath. The maids obviously only clean what can be seen. The shower curtain stunk like mildew. Thank goodness the beds seemed clean. I complained to the office, but they did not clean the thick mildew in the bathroom , nor did they wash the shower curtain as I had requested. After the second night I complained again, and at that time I was given another room. The room was much nicer, cleaner, bigger. It was much appreciated as we were staying for nine days, however, the shower curtain stunk of mildew. The staff was terrible. One day they would empty the coffee grinds next day they wouldn't. One day they would remove the crumpled used wash cloth, the next day they wouldn't. They were lacking in other ways that I can't list them all. The breakfast, while very very unhealthy, was still delicious: bisquits & gravy, waffles, bagels and plenty of it. And it was free. They should offer some oatmeal for people who don't want to eat such fattening foods.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nangwynn
Oregon Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

The first thing we noticed was that there was no air conditioning on the third floor or in the elevator, and it was HOT.
Second the toilet paper was like sand paper... so were the towels.
There is no DVD player in the room
The staff was helpful, but not overly so, and when I wrote to complain about the hotel they gave more excuses than answers....
THIS IS AN AWFUL HOTEL... I will gladly give my $ to Comfort Inns from now on!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family