“Nice, But......”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice, But......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2004

Well, staff are very friendly, and the hotel itself is pretty nice..BUT.... I made reservations for just an overnight stay. We got there and first thing you notice is the doors do not stay open and you have to pass through 2 sets of doors to get in with all your junk, I also had dogs with me. Nobody offered to help either. Then you notice the smell of chlorine, it has an indoor pool..

We got stuck with the room right next to the front stairs in the Hotel, oh what fun! Get in the room, it was nice, VERY clean but very humid from the pool (had to sleep with window open all night).

Rooms have nice carpet, clean bathrooms in good shape, big 27" tv's, clocks with alarm. Table and chairs, coffee maker, and coffee, but no cream or sugar! (DUH).

Ice machine on our floor was gone, had been removed so we had to get it from another floor.

Beds seemed comfortable until about 4am when I woke to my back hurting.
But I have slept on worse.

The BIGGEST problem we had was the 100 million teens running around this hotel..OMG I thought I was in a highschool at the end of the school day..sheesh! Had I known there was going to be 3 basketball teams there I would NEVER have booked there!

I went down to get extra pillows because the pillows they had on the beds were like 2" thick, the man at the desk told me "we don't have any", I said well why not, this is a Hotel correct? He said they had a lot of teens there (DUH) and no extra pillows at all, not even ONE!

I told him that was pretty bad, first we have to put up with all the noise then we do not even get extra Pillows. Oh well, I go back to our room..He never even said he was sorry or anything (nobody did when we complained abou the brats).

Now, about the pool and hot tub,,LOL..what a joke. The pool is tiny, and so is the hot tub, NOTHING like the photo's I saw! But to make matters worse, the pool was about 70 degrees, the hot tub was warm but it was so humid in there i couldn't breathe, and even though they have windows, none of them would open, even in the room we had to pry that one open (not to safe).

The pool and the spa were cloudy and dirty looking, and then about 10-15 teens come in and are screaming at the top of their lungs, so we leave, and report to the desk about the noise being so bad, again no appology!

Parking is a JOKE there, they do not have enough and it isn't well lit at all. The view we got from our window was a boat lot where they sell boats.. Not to many rooms get a water view.

When we left the next dayI complained again about the noise and all the kids, the woman said they are there pretty much every weekend, well they should have told me that when I called to make the reservation and I asked then why they were so booked (answer was, I don't know). Again, no appology was offered.

After about 11pm it did quiet down, but if you are one to go to bed earlier, I wouldn't stay there and if you do try the top floor, maybe better luck? who knows.

All I can say is that for 85 bucks I expected much better, and i would never ever stay there again. I think I would avoid Eugene all together actually, it's kind of a weird town and to many college kids as well.

Oh yeah, They charge 10% Occupancy tax there.. CAZY!

• Stayed March 2004
28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)