“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

During our stay last weekend I forgot my wallet in the room and did not realize it until we were over a hundred miles away. Thankfully, after calling the hotel, the manager shipped it over night so it was waiting for me when I got home. Raj went above and beyond. It is experiences like this that will make me come back next time I am in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad you received your belongings. I am sure you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salem, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Not worth the money. Very limited parking. The food was not so good. Smelled funny like to much bleach. Rooms were very old and small. Sheets were thin and old. Eugene is a very nice town to visit. But this not place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 387KeM
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Although your comments were extremely disappointing, I welcome them as it gives me the opportunity to address certain issues. I assure you, I take all comments very seriously and they will be addressed with the departments.
We strive to provide the finest service in the area, and I truly apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are always working to improve, and we do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Raj.
Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Definitely lives up to the claims of being the best value in town. My boyfriend and I were displaced for about a week while waiting for approval on our new house and tried out several of the neighboring hotels before giving ABVI a shot and it turned out to be the most comfortable, clean, and the cheapest rooms in town and we ended up staying several extra nights. Don't waste your time with the Econolodge next door or the Executive Motel, both were way less nice and at least $10 more per night. ABVI has kitchenettes, fast internet, comfy, clean rooms, guest laundry, a business center, free breakfast, is right downtown and close to everything and the guy at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. I was definitely pleasantly surprised with the quality of the rooms considering the price and would highly recommend this place if you're on a budget and need somewhere to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I am Raj, the manager at the Americas Best Value Inn, Eugene, OR. Thank you very much for your positive feed back. I really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with our clean property. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to your next stay!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The rooms were very nice and clean. The customer service is great. There's free breakfast and a gym on-site. We ended up staying 3 extra nights while we were looking for and apartment. This location is close to downtown. You can walk less then 10 mins to most restaurants and bars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am Raj, the manager at the Americas Best Value Inn, Eugene, OR. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with our clean property. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in future.
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

When we first arrived, they put us in a room that was filthy. The sheets were old and gray and the underside of the bedspread was worn and yellowish. When i folded it down, there was long black hairs on the middle blanket which was also dirty. The non smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke. We were discusted and should have demanded our $$ back but it was getting late. I went to the office to complain and they gave us another room which wasn't much better. This room also stunk of smoke. I felt itchy and scratchy all night and the druggies next door partied all night long. When I complained at check out about the partiers, he said "you should have picked up the phone & we would have taken care of them, you already complained about the first room". He was nice enought but I would not recomend this location to anyone based on the old dirty rooms

Room Tip: Avoid this one. I've never stayed in this hotel chain before, but this one turned me off for go...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suep123
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The one good thing from our experience here was the lesson we learned: Never, never, ever let someone else make a reservation for you unless you research the place first. Seriously, this place was the most dingiest, dank, and foreboding place I have ever stayed at in Eugene. The only good thing I can say about the place is that I could park right in front of my room door, which was necessary on many levels; including, fear of it being broken into, my quick exit, and the possibility that I would have to sleep in it.

The hotel is a revamp of a nineteen forties era roadside inn. The plaster had that by-gone feather wave pattern, the carpet was indoor/outdoor, the "bathroom" was faux plastic marble and corroded plumbing, I was truly grateful we had the dog with us, even though he hid in the closet all night. During the routine scream of sirens, I couldn't help regretting that I had put off buying SWAT gear for way too long. No kidding, during the night the police raided the room three doors down from us after a fight broke out in the parking lot. I have never slept so well on a plane as I did the next morning. Avoid this place unless you have previous tactical training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sundaddydo
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are staying here right now. It is a dive motel. Smelly, dirty, cold, mildly friendly staff, WI-FI is a serious joke. I can't remember the last time connectivity was so slow. I tried to verify the speed via speedtest.net and that page couldn't even load. Ridiculous. Please just spend the extra $15 a night so you aren't offended as I am. BTW, this is the 2nd review I have ever done and I'm 37 having traveled to 15 different countries and every state in the US.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple