“Bedbugs galore” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Berkeley, California
“Bedbugs galore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

At ~$52 a night, America's Best Value Inn definitely boasted the cheapest rate in town, which my husband and I appreciated. With free wifi, fridge & microwave, complimentary breakfast, cable tv, hairdryer, and decently clean rooms, it definitely had good value.

However, the bedbugs were terrible!! I was bitten all over my legs and arms, and there were fresh bites every single morning. The sheets smelled clean enough, if a bit musty, but the bugs were just ridiculous. I would suggest wearing long shirts and pants to bed... or bringing a sleeping bag.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank emmelines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kensington, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My son and I recently stayed at the property for a week, in connection with a national sports competition being held at the nearby University of Oregon. The room, breakfast and related services were more than appropriate for a modest motel, especially given the price paid was less than other similar properties nearby. From our perspective, one of the best aspects was found in the staff who were most responsive to each and every request (including fresh bedding, information on where to eat, additional towels, etc.). While it is an older property, we found the place to be clean, quiet and safe; indeed, our reasonable expectations were exceeded and we would recommend it to anyone seeking to stay in the area who is on a budget.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JAG7
Grande-Anse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

stayed one night
reception was nice and friendly
room was a bit small but clean
breakfast was ok with cereals, waffle maker, bread coffee and orance juice
they have a laundry which we took advantage of.
quiet night and no bad surprises

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

The owners and staff were cordial and helpful in all respects, first seeing that we had a comfortable room without smoking odors, then resetting the modem so that my Mac computer could get online with their PC-oriented wi-fi system. Breakfast was pleasant, with again cordial and helpful folks around.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

From the leaky squeaky toilet to the freezing draft that came thru the poorly sealed door (you could see daylight all around it) I found this to be the most uncomfortable motel I have ever stayed in. There are 2 positive things about it...it's very close to the U of O (where our conference was), and the breakfast was decent. Next time we'll definitely spend more to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

I recently stayed at America's Best Value Inn in Eugene. Basic amenities, decent water pressure in the shower, everything worked, the bed was comfortable, and the linens clean. And very affordable. The best part: Ken. After the first night -- my niece and I were there for four nights -- I was ready to leave because I wasn't able to get a strong enough WiFi connection from my room. Ken was determined that I get the connection I needed to do the work I needed to do and stay. He actually moved the remote router right into my room! Kudos to Ken!

• Stayed March 2011
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as when my son who lives in Eugene found out the location he was very concerned. However the Patel's that run this place made me feel very comfortable and and the rooms/service were both exceptional. I will definately want to stay there when I go to visit my son again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo