“Are you hungry? Spicy attitude?...here you go...come here...”
Review of The Bridge Bar and Grill - CLOSED

The Bridge Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waldport, Oregon
“Are you hungry? Spicy attitude?...here you go...come here...”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We hate staying in Eugene.. It is the most difficult city we have ever found to drive in. But, twice a year, because of business. we have to stay here..And..to top it off, for convenience sake we have to stay close to downtown. I won't even get into the motel revue here...this is for where we ate dinner. We ended up in a motel on Franklin Blvd. There is a terrific pizza restaurant and a pretty good Asian restaurant within easy walking distance of our motel...but today when we checked in we noticed "The Bridge Bar and Grill"...it had taken over a really nice restaurant we had eaten at over 10 years ago and decided to give it a shot. First, I will say this...the food was terrific. A bit on the spicy side, but for the clientele they are trying to reach, that is probably a good thing. Second, I will tell you that we are in our mid 60's to early 70's. The restaurant has a full length bar serving cocktails with at least 7 big screen TV's. I'm sorry, but I don't think this is the place to bring children under the age of 10. But while we were there at least 3 parties brought in young children that sat and "entertained" the crowd very near to the bar.

I had the sirloin tips (very spicy) spouse had the salmon ( not too spicy ) well prepared...well presented. Lots of flavor. The glass chardonnay was served at a nice temp and it was nice.

The staff that greeted us and took our order was rude and very un-professional. They were more interested in younger guests. I honestly felt that they wished we would go away instead of taking up a table.

The young man that delivered our meal was gracious and very accommodating.

If you happen to stay in this part of Eugene, and need a good restaurant..give The Bridge Bar and Grill a shot...if you are old...pretend you are young and you will get treated well...

• Visited February 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“Best Ahi in Eugene”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Nice bar, nice location close to U of O hoops and football. Best Ahi in town that I have found and I am always looking for good Ahi. Food is higher end then your typical bar food.

1 Thank maui2020
“It should be great once they work out the kinks”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

showed up on a Thursday night around 6 pm and it was slammed busy. Not an obvious parking place to be found - later learned you can park in the lots of the Best Western motels next door. Having been in the space when it was a couple different restaurants I was super impressed with what they did to the place.

Everyone was super friendly and made sure we were being helped upon coming in and while waiting for our friends to show and then for a table.

Our server was nice and friendly if not a little chaotic - which I imagine was due to how busy it was and how new it is. They ran out of things like knives, and some bar glasses and such - hardly the fault of our server but they need to pay attention to that,

The chicken marsala was the best thing our group had but everyone else had a good meal as well. The fries were crispy, they had a full bar and good selection of beer. Prices were good for dinner but they have the same priced menu for lunch which makes it a bit spendy for a lunch out. The patio looks cool with some nice water featurs but it will be interesting to see how loud it is with such a busy street out front - will have to go back in summer

I would return- I hope they get the kinks worked out.

• Visited December 2011
San Diego, California
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This diner might not look like much from the outside, but our breakfast was super, excellent GOOOOOD and the service was fast, friendly and efficient. What else can you ask for?

• Visited February 2011