“I hope you don't mind rude desk clerks”

Motel 6 Eugene South - Springfield
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

on check in the desk clerk was immediately rude and un-accommodating. My mother is a senior with hip problems so she asked for a first floor room. She stated there were no rooms available on the first floor when clearly there were as the parking lot was virtually empty that early in the afternoon, perhaps a half dozen cars at most. When wifi was requested she wouldn't just give an access code. Insisted on knowing how many devices we had and then charged double!!
So here I am on the second floor paying double for wifi. I will never stay here again.Typically Motel 6 is a good alternative to a fancy hotel but in this case I recommend pushing on to grants pass the staff there is usually very nice..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 28, 2014

we will be reporting this disgusting motel 6 to the health dept. Filthy cant describe this place..springs sticking out of mattress..blood all over mattress..we took pictures.. toilet would not flush..sink stopped up.. dog urine..we packed up and left

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank paulav1929
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Here are some things they don't have available, irons, guest laundry, even shampoo in the rooms! You have to pay for wifi, and then have to pay again if you have more than one device. I had a job interview in town the next morning and this was the worst place for a business traveler possible!

Also, I asked the desk agent if he could direct me to the nearest all night copy place (since they have no printing abilities, or options for guests either) and he told me they didn't have one in town, I said, isn't this a university town? Anyway, long story short, with my paid for, at additional fee wifi I found one like 10 blocks away. So bottom line no amenities, terrible concierge & guest service ability and not much better than sleeping in your car. Oh and the tv had lines through it....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff at this location were very friendly. The hotel is located in a poor location. The only other thing at this exit is a Denny's. There is not a Walmart or any thing else even somewhat close. The hotel is located right on I-5 , the sound of the traffic is very noisy. It is to noisy to stand outside and talk on a cell phone, and yet the signal in the room is poor. Let alone how loud it is to try and sleep on the front side of the buildings. If staying here, ask for a room in the back! Also there isn't a laundry facility available at this location. I went and asked where the laundry room was, and was told I could drive 4 exits down to another Motel 6 , show my receipt and could do laundry there. Who would really do that? I was surprised they even suggested that knowing I had just arrived in a taxi! Also the tv had static and the channels would not come in clear. One of the good things about this location is the distance to Amtrak, but I was told later that there is another Motel 6 about the same distance from Amtrak in a nicer, busier area, with much more to offer, and a laundry room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the motel property, better yet choose the other location altogether.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TeaKettleTizzy
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one night while passing through Eugene, OR. It's your average Motel 6. It's right off the highway so even if you are in a room in the back of the hotel (I was) you can still hear the highway traffic all night. The room is small. One bed was against a wall, the other was against the AC/heating unit. It was impeccably clean but the next morning I woke up to find blood stains on the sheets which leads me to believe there may have been bed bugs in the room. Also, I was one adult traveling alone with four children (ages 1, 2, 6, and 11), and a dog. I specifically requested a first floor room because as anyone with common sense knows, getting all those kid and the dog up to a second floor room is difficult. Not what I wanted to deal with after a long day of driving. When I checked in I was told my room was on the second floor because "they got really busy in the last hour." Well, hello?! If you knew you had a guest coming with the type of party I had why wouldn't you save a first floor room if she specifically requested it? I would've gladly prepaid in advance to hold the first floor room. But all in all I wouldn't stay here again, mostly because I suspect there were bedbugs in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Not as bad as some of the other reviews but could use improvement. AC did not work well at all. Had it on high all afternoon and night and never did cool the room down. Room was typical for a Motel 6 and price was average. Parking would be difficult for anything other than normal size car or small truck. Room was marginally clean and needed some repairs. Location is easy to the interstate and has restaurant in parking lot.

Room Tip: Penthouse suite with Jacuzzi, dancing girls, and ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RLB_28
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The room was dirty. Me and family could not even swim in the pool because it was so horrific. The staff was very rude and did not care about anything. Plus the fridge did not work really well. The carpet was dirty was dirty and the beds were stained on. We did not have choice to leave because all the other motels were booked. Me and my wife forced them to refund us our money back in the morning. At first they bsaid no sorry, but then they changed their minds after we said we will turn you in. Finally in the morning the manager gave us our money back. I would surely not recommend this motel to people at all. It should be shut down.

Room Tip: no rooms are good at all
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family