“Meal quality: variable.”

Izakaya Meiji Company
Ranked #38 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Specializing in Japanese small plates, old school cocktails and whiskey bar but thank goodness no sushi. The theme is based on a Japanese tavern or sake house. sake
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food was mediocre, at best. Service slow. Mostly appears a place to have cocktails w/food as an afterthought.
Nice outdoor seating, though.
Based on 3 visits.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice mixture of small plates with fresh ingredients: tasty, reasonably priced, overall very solid. Like many tapas type restaurants, the food will come out piecemeal, which means food pairings can be 'hit or miss'. Good cocktails as well with fresh mixers. Rather tight seating arrangements, and service fair but somewhat inconsistent.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had my birthday dinner here, it was great. They had a great selection of whiskey (I had a delish hot toddy) and really yummy and reasonably priced Japanese dishes in smaller portions (think Japan does Tapas). The waiter was friendly (and cute ;) ) and he gave me $5 off my portion of the bill cause' it was my 21st birthday. Yep, real good time, yummy place, GO!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is sort of a Japanese tapas bar with a very eclectic but intriguing menu. Most of the dishes come in smaller portions and you'll want to order lots of them so as to get a broad variety of interesting food. The octopus was very good as was the chicken curry and the oysters Rockefeller. Suggest a pass on the carpaccio salad as it was sliced much too thickly rather than delicately shaved. An outstanding selection of whiskey and scotch as well as a couple of nice local micros. In a funky but generally harmless neighborhood, perhaps not the best place for the overly refined or alternate lifestyle intolerant, but it worked for us. Recommended.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I went here for dinner with my husband and parents. The food was just okay, although we tried a wide variety from the menu. It also didn't all come at once but, rather, trickled out from the kitchen slowly. As a result, some of us were done eating before others had received the main part of their meal.

The service was rather poor. the employee who brought food out to us couldn't take any orders and had to get a waitress. Both the waitress and the employee were pretty rude. They also forgot portions of our order and we had to have someone track the waitress down so we could ask about it.

Overall, I was thoroughly unimpressed and really doubt I'll be returning.

1  Thank Restaurant_Lover_SJC