“Odd mix of cowboy and Asian, with poor service”

Izakaya Meiji Company
Ranked #45 of 615 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Specializing in Japanese small plates, old school cocktails and whiskey bar but thank goodness no sushi. The theme is based on a Japanese tavern or sake house. sake
Brookings, Oregon
“Odd mix of cowboy and Asian, with poor service”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I went here for dinner with my husband and parents. The food was just okay, although we tried a wide variety from the menu. It also didn't all come at once but, rather, trickled out from the kitchen slowly. As a result, some of us were done eating before others had received the main part of their meal.

The service was rather poor. the employee who brought food out to us couldn't take any orders and had to get a waitress. Both the waitress and the employee were pretty rude. They also forgot portions of our order and we had to have someone track the waitress down so we could ask about it.

Overall, I was thoroughly unimpressed and really doubt I'll be returning.

1 Thank Restaurant_Lover_SJC

Eugene, Oregon
“One of the best places in Eugene”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I go here almost every weekend I'm in town. The ambience is great - Brooklyn funk with NW space. Open late - even on Sundays.

Must eat: Fried octopus, Tofu steak, and wasabi mayo with fries
Must drink: (Drink menu changes often, but retains few favs) Bison Crossing

• Visited June 2012
Cleveland, Oh
“This is a love or hate place: Spectacular and inexpensive food in a funky setting”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a little funky place which have some of the most spectacular, creative and inexpensive food. Don't go for the ambiance or for special occasions. The place is tiny and the setting is pathetic, there was no air conditioning and it was hot and muggy. The location is off the beaten path but quite interesting with some little cafes, restaurants and a local brewery. But the food is out of this word. For better words, it presents a sort of "Japanese tapas" and others pacific rim innovative creations. I sat at the bar, in my opinion the best seat in the house, and I explored half a dozen of serving. The price is incredibly reasonable, especially in view of the quality. The additional plus is that they make available a few original beers on tap, some decent wines and dozen upon dozens of bourbons, scotches, ryes from all over the world. The service was spectacular and provided me with a spectacular food and a great education.

Los Angeles
“Excellent menu”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great place with an eclectic menu. Perfect if you're in the mood to try something different. I had the Izakaya Salad Niçoise which was delicious with its miso soft boiled egg. Truly memorable!

Visited August 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Great food, interesting drink selection.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Food was incredible, in "choices" of food available and the "tasty" selections served to us. Only downside...food came out over 30 minutes instead of all at one time.
We were a table of 9, but they wouldn't seat us, until most of our party had arrived. I sorta understand, but they could have lost all our business with just a quick cell phone call from me-who went early to grab a table.
Fun atmosphere, friendly staff.
All in all-would go back in a heart beat.