“Beautiful hotel, Perfect Experience, Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the 5th

Inn at the 5th
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Eugene
“Beautiful hotel, Perfect Experience, Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had an amazing night at Inn At The 5th! I honestly don't know where to start, it was plush and comfortable, beautiful and functional and above all the service was spot on. It was unlike any hotel I have stayed in, most hotels feel so dirty and bland, but the Inn At The 5th felt clean, and comfortable. The highlight of the room was most definitely the bed, if I could take that matress and sheets home with me, I would! Loved it!

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the balconies!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love the experience of trip in Eugene with this hotel. Very beautiful interior design and 5-star services. With every room you have a dinning window, which impressed me so much. You can order the in room dining with a card prior to midnight. Next day, you will find delicious breakfast. You can enjoy every night there, it is quiet neighbourhood. My room has a fireplace on the wall, which is warm the room prior to your stay. Very recommended to live! This will be the best hotel in Eugene! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CharlotteLynn
Livermore, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Great stay even during a busy football weekend. Close to everything, this boutique hotel is well worth the premium you will pay at the run of the mill hotel options available in Eugene. Rooms are very clean and modern, with very comfortable bedding, good climate control and awesome gas fireplaces. If the weather is nice go for a room with a balcony. We actually had three people in our room, the window seat makes up into a surprizingly comfy bed. Desk and valet staff are very friendly and helpful, providing lots of advice on the area, how to get around and what to see.

Only had one hiccup during our stay - room service forgot to give is service for three with our breakfast. Mistakes happen, no big deal, but when we called to get a couple spoons and a knife all we got was attitude. Kind of disappointing.

Also, another reviewer commented on the unusual bathroom arrangement. The frosted glass divider and sliding door that doesn't close all the way could be a little unnerving to some.

Overall great stay and we will be back - hopefully not on a premium weekend, pricey but worth it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank twanjik
Amber S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the 5th, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our cleanliness, comfort, and style. I'm delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We truly strive to exceed guest service expectations. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the use of the window seat as a rollaway. We feel it is an innovative idea and are excited for more guests to utilize it. We are very proud of our hotel and are constantly striving to improve, so we truly appreciate your feedback.

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a shortfall during your stay. We have passed along your feedback to Marche Restaurant so that they can address the issue and ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you so much for staying with us, we’re thrilled to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your future travel needs,

Warm Regards,
Amber Starnes
Guest Services Manager
astarnes@innat5th.com
Baker City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my two nights at the charming Inn at the 5th in Eugene. The rooms were very nicely appointed with comfortable beds, wonderful linens, fireplace was great while it poured outside...I also found the shower to be delightful. (Slightly disappointed because I usually use my business trips to unwind with a bath at the end of the day sans kids banging on the door)...but still, lovely shower in the morning. I enjoyed having the keurig in the room and the complimentary water was a nice touch.

I have to say, though, that the graciousness of the staff was the most memorable part of my trip. There was confusion about my reservation and the staff person on the phone made everything right, all while being especially courteous. Afterwards, I realized it was my mistake and yet they never acted as such. They exemplified the definition of customer service. I have shared my experience with others and will definitely stay at the Inn again, should I return to Eugene.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank bkrcitytravlr22
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked a last minute "staycation" at Inn at the 5th and was glad I did. We really appreciated the friendly, helpful service. The room was incredible- updated, beautiful and clean. And, if you wanted to leave the room (I doubt it), everything was within walking distance. I would definately recommend this luxury hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia S
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

From the moment we pulled up to this great boutique hotel we began to experience the best this hotel had to offer. The location was the initial draw, with it being located in a trendy section of downtown Eugene and within easy access to the highway. The staff we encountered were very friendly and anticipated many of our needs. Our room was clean, quiet, spacious and uniquely decorated. We enjoyed the fireplace and the bed was the most comfortable one we experienced on our quick 6 day trip to Arizona. We had an excellent light meal at the adjacent wine bar and a delicious breakfast at one of the other market place eateries. Our plan is to return to the Inn at 5th in the near future and use it as our first stop on a tour of Oregon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Inn at 5th is a lovely little gem of a hotel in downtown Eugene, OR. It is attached to the shops next door which are equally nice. The staff really make you feel tended to and cared for. Room was very handsome and modern. Loved the fireplace and our room happened to open onto the courtyard patio - really nice touch!

I loved all of the little touches that made you feel really taken care of - the restaurant Marche on auto-speed dial on the phone, the ability to order room service from March and have it delivered via butler pantry (!), the polite and professional service from the staff, the beautiful decor everywhere you turn, the free hotel shuttle, and so much more. This is one of the finer hotels I've ever stayed in and I travel quite a bit. Oh, and the shower was exquisite.

One final note, the review below that has a woman complaining about being charged for the glass water bottle - totally out of line. There is very clear signage in the rooms that indicate the BOTTLE itself costs money, but to help yourself to the water (and leave the bottle behind to be recycled afterwards). Some people just can't read, I guess.

Don't hesitate to make your reservation here - it's so worth it!

Room Tip: If you're traveling during warm weather, ask for a room that opens onto the courtyard patio!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple