“NEVER DISAPPOINTED”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was skeptical when my wife suggested a fine dining meal in an urban mall. That was several years ago. We've NEVER had a poor experience at Sabai. Service is excellent and meals fantastic. What impresses me each and ever visit is the visibility of the owners of the restaurant. Both are available and thrilled that you've chosen their restaurant for a meal. I've had 20 plus different meals and all have been excellent. If you don't really want a meal, but would rather a cocktail and appetizer, the bar staff is outstanding!!!! Typically during nice weather months, there is live music in the courtyard, which just makes the experience even better.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

What a great dinner date surprise. My husband and I were met at the door and seated right away. The service was great. The waitstaff helped me decide on a fabulous cocktail. The bartender made a great drink. We ordered appetizers that were served quick and hot; Not to mention super yummy. We both had the spicy cashew noodles. We asked for extra spice and our meal was made fresh. It was outstanding.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a nice improvement. I revisited Sabai a few weeks ago after a very ho-hum meal last year. This year we were able to sit outside in very pleasant surrounds and had a nice experience. I enjoy "real" Thai food; not stuff for the American masses, and while this does not achieve that (still too sweet and rich) it's much better. We had a Chinese eggplant dish that three of us scarfed down in no time flat, a mild coconut milk/noodle/pumpkin curry-like dish that was quite good but VERY rich (and a little too sweet for my taste), scallops (can't comment; I don't eat scallops but they looked lovely and were presented quite nicely) and a meat dish that I can't quite remember now but I remember as being good. Our waitstaff were professional. Service was very good. My companions enjoyed their beers and I had a 'signature' cocktail that slid down quite easily (perhaps why I can't quite remember all the food we ate?).
A nice choice for Eugene.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Outside seating best. Clean predictable fresh atmosphere. I have checked out the other 10 places in the complex and always end up back here. It's the best cuisine this part of Eugene. Solid wine list, mildly inspired cuisine, fresh ingredients, solid choice. Well trained on the spot staff. Not just college kids posing as waiters.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice place to eat! Great atmosphere, friendly staff, and great food. Ate at Sabai 3 times while in town on business. Highly recommend!