“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabai Cafe & Bar

Sabai Cafe & Bar
Ranked #4 of 607 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Monroe, Oregon
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good- all four of the entrees and appetizers. The gimlets were wonderful. The service was very good especially since it was a weekend. No way we would have gotten in without a reservation

Visited December 2013

Arizona
“Better than others said it would be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reading 1 or 2 of the previous reviews of this restaurant made me a bit skeptical but we wanted to try it anyhow. We hadn't made reservations, so sitting inside would have been a long wait, but they graciously accommodated my group by setting tables together outside. We ordered several different items and shared with each other. I can't image the food those "nay sayers" might have eaten, but what we had was outstanding !!. Fresh, just spicy enough, and great for the palate. The wait staff were very pleasant, upbeat and knew the menu. They kept the beverage glasses filled and were very attentive. The restaurant is in a great location for after dinner walking, desserts or window shopping. If you really enjoy good Thai food, this place is a must.

• Visited May 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Cute Waiters but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was really good, but the service was vacuous and slow. They were all very nice, but not very effective. Hard to get a drink, or more water; asked the bus boy to clean the table, and he just smiled and walk away.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank KJ C
Graton, CA
“Hip & Modern Thai Food, but still good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dropping our daughter off at the University of Oregon for her freshman year, we sought a special place for a lively perk-the-kid-up dinner and this restaurant was a great choice, even though it wouldn't have been my own selection had I been making the decisions --- I let our friend, a Eugene resident, choose for us. It's new and quite modern-looking with a "bar scene" up front, a few elevated tables served by extremely tall chairs as well as traditional booths and normal-height tables, rustic panels of old wooden planks on the walls just as decor items, all a bit on the chi-chi side for me. But that aside, the food was very good, and the menu is extremely flexible so as to accommodate all the modern food fads (gluten-free, vegan, macro, etc.) as well as we old fogeys who just eat meat and shrug, and happiest of all, they really do understand SPICY. Our waitress was very professional, and urged the chef to make my dish especially incendiary, and he did! This is not often accomplished, and always appreciated when it happens. Our portion size was such that we took home two boxes, quite enough for a decent meal the following day. When we come back to Eugene, this is where we'll go.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, California
“Food good service poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am big Thai food fan. The place is in a shopping area and parking can be tough. The place itself is loud and cramped. Both times I have been there I had a reservation but it is meaningless. I still waited 45 minutes each time. Last time my party of five was seated at a table of four. Waiter actually laughed at us for being so cramped. Food is good but not great. Vegetables don't appear fresh and presentation is ok. Appetizers were high light of night. Over all disappointing.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sabai Cafe & Bar? Share your experiences!