“Fantastic Thai, best martini in Eugene”
Review of Sabai Cafe & Bar

Sabai Cafe & Bar
Ranked #2 of 627 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We sat in the quiet, pleasant patio area. The entrees were fresh and the portions generous. The prices were very reasonable. Three of us shared two entrees and an appetizer and we still took food home. The martinis were cold and they stock our favorite gin, tanqueray ten. We enjoyed trying the summer special menu and can't wait to see what they come up with next season.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was looking for a nice place to go for my husband's and my anniversary a friend whose taste in food I trust wholeheartedly suggested Sabai. If there is one thing that Eugene is not short on, that is Thai Restaurants most of the others are "just okay". This one has great atmosphere and great food. We really enjoyed ourselves and the waitress was very attentive. I think the owner came by to greet us. It's rather small but the size of the restaurant did not bother me, I did not feel cramped or have people bumping into me. BUT stay away from the specialty drinks. I don't even remember what I had, I ordered one found it to be undrinkable, the waitress was kind enough to take it back and take it off of our bill, so I ordered something else. I didn't want to be a pain so I drank it, but it still wasn't quite right. Perhaps the bartender should stick to making well known drinks and not concoct things of his/her own. Otherwise it was a very pleasant evening we both walked away full and satisfied.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We decided to try Sabai on our last trip to Eugene. We love Asian food and it was close to my parents' house. The restaurant doesn't seem terribly large, so I would imagine it can get quite crowded. We stopped by on a Monday afternoon, however, and it was pretty quiet.

The service was prompt and attentive. My husband and I had the garden salad rolls, Sabai noodle and Pad Se Ewe. The food was wonderful, very flavorful and just the right amount of spice. The Sabai Noodle, in particular, was delicious! We are definitely looking forward to returning on our next trip to Eugene!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I love this place! The prices are fair and the food is fantastic!

Service isn't always top-notch and it has recently started booming in popularity, so there is often a wait. However, the food is great and worth dismissing any poor remarks. Interior is inviting and trendy, cocktails are yummy, and the price is just right.

Make a reservation and be sure to order the Pockets of Love.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was a disappointed at my last visit to Sabai. I had written a nice review following several visits, but this last visit compared to what we've had in the past was very disappointing. The quantity of food was about 1/3 less and the presentation of the food was also lacking. The worst thing was the lipstick stained coffee cup they brought for my husband. I really do hope it was just an off day and not the new norm for this place. I had been raving about sabai to my husband and to our friends and other familymembers .I was very disappointed.

2  Thank mauimamaEugene_Or