“Good value”

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Eugene
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped at the Phoenix Inn for one night and we had no complaints. The room was really affordable and it was far better than what we expected. Room was spacious and clean. The carpet was a bit stained but it was not a major problem. Breakfast was included and it was full of options. Staff at the front desk was professional and responsive. Overall, it was a good experience and I would stay there if I passed by Eugene again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giorgie09
Courtny O, Front Office Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Eugene Phoenix Inn. We include things like the complimentary breakfast each morning to provide guests with the best value possible. We appreciate the feedback from your stay because it will allow us the opportunity to continue to improve and innovate. I can assure you our maintenance team will address the carpet issue, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Altos, California
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I understand that the Phoenix Inn has recently been purchased and will be under renovation soon, however, the issues with our room were housekeeping problems that should have been addressed. There was old blood on the comforter, a huge cobweb above the bed and the curtains were hanging off the rod. There was no soap in the room and it was dark and dingy. The only bright spot was Mark at the front desk. He was gracious and accommodating, but unfortunately, we just couldn't stay. If a hotel is interested in the comfort of their guests, then these type of issues are inexcusable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Courtny O, Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Although I am happy to hear that Mark at the front desk was a bright spot during your stay, the issues with your room is absolutely inexcusable. Room cleanliness is of upmost importance to us, and we take housekeeping issues very seriously. We are disappointed to hear that the complimentary room night we offered you was not satisfactory in remediating the inconvenience that you suffered due to the housekeeping issues. We would love to show you that these issues were isolated in nature, so please contact me personally if you decide to give us this opportunity in the future.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 5-21-14, on our family vacation. We were in town to see Hayward Field at the University of Oregon, to visit Pre's rock and to run on Pre's trail. The hotel is in great proximity to all of those things. The downtown is also very close. We chose to drive, but you could probably walk. The service was exceptional and the room was very clean. The breakfast was standard, plenty there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Courtny O, Front Office Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your family vacation here with us at the Phoenix Inn Eugene. We understand that one's accomodations can really have an impact on his or her experience while in town, and we are constantly working to uphold the Phoenix Inn standards of exceptional customer service. We would love to be your choice hotel for the Prefontaine Classic next year and hope to see you again.
Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was pleased with our recent stay at the Phoenix. The hotel is downtown and close to the walking trail along the river. The room was pleasant and had a nice sitting area. Extras included a pool and hot tub, a full breakfast, and even fresh chocolate chip cookies during the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Phoenix Inn in Eugene. We absolutely agree that the proximity of the running trails is an added bonus that is hard to beat on a sunny Eugene afternoon. The Phoenix Inn staff takes pride in the little things that make one's stay more enjoyable, and we appreciate your feedback that will allow us to continue to provide the most hospitable enivornment possible.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 6, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and seeing a message from the GM that they were undergoing renovations in 2014, I called the hotel to see if any rooms were completed as I had concerns from other reviews. I was disappointed to hear that they had not started any guest area updates but they had started to renovate the back office areas. In my opinion, a warped decision as the guests should always come first.
The entry is bright and nicely decorated and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Great experience there!
Once upstairs, the hallway carpets were old and dirty. Once in the room I found old dirty carpeting, marked and dirty walls, scratched older furniture and the desk chair had some unknown substance on it that I did not wish to sit on.
I was also surprised that the blackout curtains only partially covered the windows so my one opportunity to sleep in didn't work out so well.
Bottom line is this is an OK property in serious need of updating and until they do, I will pass.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim C
Courtny O, Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hi Jim C-

Unfortunately, a maintenance issue caused us to repair our air conditioning in the back office but our complete renovation has not begun. We will be upgrading most areas of the hotel this winter. We do agree that the guest rooms and common areas should be the first things updated. We will begin this winter in order to not displace current reservations.
Thank you for your review and let me know when you are in Eugene next as we would like to take personal care of you.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Although the location is close to campus this was the worst stay we had on a two week trip from Northern California to Utah. We booked this hotel through hotwire which may be part of the reason we were trated poorly. Due to my having MS and needing to takevabquick break we called at around one about the chance to check in early. We were told there would be no problem and our room was clean we asked if we could see about a higher floor we were told that our room had already been assigned and there was nothing else available even if we wanted to pay for upgrade. Upon check in the staff at the front desk appeared to be distracted by their discussion with one another about their recent weekend activities. When we finally arrived at our room we were greeted by an amazing view of a dirty rooftop. Our "assigned" room!!! The bed was so so, but nothing is more disgusting than hair on the bathroom floor, in the tub, on the counter and on one towel that I immediately put on the floor. Had I not been feeling do poorly I would have called the front desk but we already knew they really didnt care. I will never stay at this establishment again and as frequent hotwire users we will advise them as well. If the hotel has a problem with hotwire guest then they shouldn't use their services. Some of us use the service so that we are prompted to try new places. This is one I won't be staying at again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Nicinutah-
I truely apologize for your recent stay here at our hotel. This is not the caliber of stay we pride ourselves in creating for our guests, and is way below our personal expectations. I have taken this reveiw as a training tool to create a more professional front desk staff. I also made our Executive Housekeeper aware of the strands of hair that were noticed in your room. We want our guests to feel at home at our hotel and am dissapointed that you did not feel that way.
Please contact me directly next time your in Eugene. I would love to prove that this was not the kind of service we provide.
Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

After reading reviews about this hotel I decided to try it out. When I called to reserve, the front desk person was very pleasant and easy to make a reservation with. With the reviews, I was expecting a nicer establishment. The room was pretty outdated...they try to make it look nice with a pillow on the bed. It was pretty rundown. The kicker for me not ever wanting to stay there again was the MOLD in the bathroom. I went to tell the front desk (hoping to get moved...or at least acknowledged) - they just said, "ok, we'll write it down". Overall, super disappointment! And the beds ARE NOT comfortable as others said. Maybe if you like rock hard beds that make you wake up with a stiff back.....

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hbhelgeson-

Although I am happy to hear that the front desk made your reservation with ease, I am not pleased with how they addressed the housekeeping issue. I have taken this review as a chance to teach newer front desk staff on how to handle these types of issues. Our hotel starts our updating this winter and would love to show you these updates.
Thank you for your review.