“Defiantly for students”

Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Being that is it is right by campus many if not all of the front desk staff are collage students. I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing but they seemed uneducated in regards to working in the hospitality industry. Several issues arose during my 2 night stay in Eugene and the staff was either not very prompt or didn't know how to address the issues. Upon leaving I wrote a letter to the front office manager addressing everything that had happened. I was very surprised that she responded to me via email offering her sincerest apologies. I was impressed that she got back to me as quickly as she did and will be giving them a second chance in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My sister, her daughter and granddaughter and I stayed here for only one night to do Race for the Cure. It was a beautiful room and we loved that ... nice size, beds were comfy. However, the room was really warm and even though it was October and only 45 degrees outside, we had to put the air conditioning on to be comfortable (and it was very noisy!) Additionally, we were at the very end of the hotel, where we could park our car and take a door up to our room from there, but the door was not working with our key. When I told the front desk, they said they'd look into it. It did not get fixed until the next day when we were checking out. It was an ordeal to get to our room as the elevator was so slow!!! The breakfast was nice, however, and included in the room. It is in a nice location close to the University of Oregon and lots of places to eat around it. I would recommend it and feel that if that darn door was fixed, I would have given a higher rating ... it was irritating and no one seemed to take it seriously!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, everything was clean and in immaculate condition. The room was very inviting and the decor made it feel like home. The pool and hot tub was very clean and relaxing. The staff here takes good care of the facility. The complimentary breakfast was superb, lots to choose from you definitely get a good hearty meal here. I most definitely would stay at this hotel again and highly reccomend it. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel was perfect for what we were looking for. I'm not quite so sure I would call it a suite, but we did have a large room with 2 queen beds and a small sofa and mini fridge. I chose this hotel because we wanted to tour the university. If you are going to visit the university I would recommend this hotel as it is just a few blocks from campus. I wasn't that impressed with the indoor pool, but overall the hotel was clean and in a great location so I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is a great find at a great price. The hotel is a nice hotel with comfortable rooms (not the Four Seasons but I would say on par with an Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn). They also have the usual morning buffet like a Hampton. I thought the biscuits and gravy was a nice and different touch beyond the usual waffle iron and assorted breads/rolls etc. The photos on their website are accurate of what you get (yes it was as nice as it looks). The location cannot be beat. Its about three blocks walk to campus and 13th Ave with the Duck Store and all the little college type places to eat. You are at one end of UofO, near the business school. We also walked from the hotel into the center of town, which took us about 15 minutes or so. Price is very reasonable. In fact, i was surprised at the price in comparison to what appeared to me to be much less quality hotels. Staff was friendly and helpful. Its easy to find and drive to, and easy to drive back to the airport. Plenty of parking too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I made a reservation in August 2011 for our April 2012 stay at this hotel. The gal working the front desk when we arrived was very pleasant and professional. When she discovered that there had been a mix-up in room assignments, we were immediately upgraded to the jacuzzi suite for free! Our room was spacious. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked well. The bathroom was nice and the jacuzzi was a delight! We slept well and weren't disturbed by noise. In town for the half-marathon and a romantic getaway together, we had a great experience at the Phoenix Inn and will definitely consider staying here again in the future when we head to Eugene for a game (within walking distance of UO football/baseball/basketball/campus), the 2013 half-marathon or a quick vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We've stayed several places in Eugene visiting our daughter at U of O, this was the first time at the Phoenix and we will definitely return. Rooms clean, nice, overall a very comfortable stay and the location is fantastic for the Pancake House next door, and U of O.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family