“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Portland, OR
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed February 3, 2007

I was in town one day and unexpectedly needed to stay the night, so I just randomly walked in this hotel. I was very pleased with it, especially how clean and friendly it is, and have returned twice since. Although it's not super cheap, it's affordable for being in walking distance of both the UO campus and downtown. Most important, the rooms are very clean and kept nicely, with new looking furniture and comfortable beds. I wouldn't say the rooms were "small", but I guess it depends what you compare to. They have desks, nightstands, closets, and so forth. They're huge compared to the hotels I stay in in San Francisco. The desk people have always been very friendly and helpful. The rooms are apparently recently remodeled, with tile bathrooms and two sinks (one inside the bathroom, one outside). The fridge is great to have too. The continental breakfast is one of the better I've come across-- try the raisin bread. We also really enjoyed using their outdoor hottub, which is also tile.
It is on Franklin Ave, one of the busier streets in town, and so I was actually pleasantly surprised that I was not bothered by the traffic noise (I'm usually pretty sensitive to it). The three rooms I've stayed in were all in different parts of the hotel, and none seemed noisy to me. I did always stay midweek, when the hotel wasn't entirely full, but I was never bothered by noise from neighbors or upstairs either. The train is audible but not as loud as in other parts of town. It didn't wake me up. (let's face it: a train runs through Eugene at night and blows the whistle. I saw comments about train noise on every single hotel review for Eugene that I read on this site. I'm just glad that train means less big trucks on the highway.) Anyway, I have had great experiences there three times in a row.

• Liked — Friendly and clean
  • Disliked — noisy heater/ac unit (but its standard for this type of hotel)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
11 Thank HeatherPortland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oregon
Reviewed November 11, 2006

Someone worked very hard to redo this older motel and they did a pretty great job, but underneath it's still a thin-walled, somewhat smelly, overpriced place to stay. The traffic was very loud (as was the train) and we could hear the conversations going on upstairs and even a few doors down. Speaking of doors, we also heard every slam of every door on our end of the unit. The shower curtain tried to cling to whomever was showering, and the full beds were definately not the most comfortable. On the plus side, parking was ample and easy, and they really did do a nice job on the decor. Unfortunately, the man who checked us in seemed to be bored by his job and gave us the check-in speel in a monotone without ever looking up. I'm currently waiting for them to refund us a night we decided not to stay and the credit hasn't shown up on my card yet. Our verdict: move on.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — price and smell
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
17 Thank sportsmomto3

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Folsom, CA
Reviewed October 2, 2005

This motel is in a very convenient location near U of O, but the rooms were tiny and noisy. At $92/night, we felt it was way overpriced. We stayed there a few nights then moved to a Best Western across the street from campus which was 100% better.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
19 Thank slwerner
WA State
Reviewed July 20, 2005

The location of Campus Inn is great but the smelly, not quite clean, searching for bedbugs, room with doors that don't quite close and a bathroom smaller than a postage stamp make location and lower price questionable values.

In addition, upon checking my statement, I discovered that I'd been charged for my room the same night I'd made the reservation-2 weeks prior to arrival. I was therefore very careful about not giving my card to imprint again and bringing my bill and confirmation when checking in. I was assured that I would not be charged again...hah! I checked with my card company, another charge went through the day after my one night stay. It will take time and diligence to track and correct this and any other future (?) charges I may get from Campus Inn.

AAA rated must really mean $$$, as this is double-billing done in an overtly sneaky, borderline criminal manner.

Beware.

• Stayed July 2005
21 Thank Pavla
seattle,wa
Reviewed July 10, 2005

Arrived in the evening to find out that they didn't have me on their reservation system. The confirmation number I had from my Orbitz booking didn't show up on their system. On top of that they were sold out for the night. The front desk person offered to lookup elsewhere in the town for me to stay. Luckily, another gentleman with reservations showed up. He hadthe same letters as my last name and then suddenely the receptionist found my name on the list. I have no clue what happened. But I felt it was a very messy system.
The room was neat and had a refrigerator. The breakfast was good. The door for our room was a little shoddy and wouldn't close until you pushed it hard. But it was very comfortable otherwise.

Stayed July 2005
17 Thank Jism
Seattle
Reviewed June 2, 2005

We had never stayed at the Campus Inn before but decided to check it out after we decided to extend our stay an extra night in Eugene.

The staff at the Campus Inn was very friendly and let us check out the rooms before we decided to stay. We eventually chose one of their larger suite rooms on the second floor because they seemed a bit more spacious then the regular rooms. The rooms were well maintained and clean, and it was very quiet.

There was Starbucks coffee in the room, a dvd player (you can even rent dvd's from the front office), and we got a voucher for breakfast at the IHOP across the street.

Anyway, this isn't the most glamorous hotel in the world but a very nice budget hotel that I will stay in again when I go back to Eugene.

• Stayed May 2005
20 Thank TripAdvizahr
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2004

I read the reviews before staying. I found a few inconsistancies in some of the reviews.

The bathrooms are not that small, there are no closet doors to 'not function properly'
The staff are the best and friendliest I have come across.

The high speed wireless internet is offered at no charge. The in-room Starbucks coffee, the fitness center and Hot tub are nice amenities.

The price is very reasonable and their frequent stayer program is the best I have seen (stay 6 nights get the 7th free--at $58.00 a night)!

27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member