“Pleasant and friendly”

Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Seattle
“Pleasant and friendly”
Reviewed June 2, 2005

We had never stayed at the Campus Inn before but decided to check it out after we decided to extend our stay an extra night in Eugene.

The staff at the Campus Inn was very friendly and let us check out the rooms before we decided to stay. We eventually chose one of their larger suite rooms on the second floor because they seemed a bit more spacious then the regular rooms. The rooms were well maintained and clean, and it was very quiet.

There was Starbucks coffee in the room, a dvd player (you can even rent dvd's from the front office), and we got a voucher for breakfast at the IHOP across the street.

Anyway, this isn't the most glamorous hotel in the world but a very nice budget hotel that I will stay in again when I go back to Eugene.

• Stayed May 2005
20 Thank TripAdvizahr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed November 4, 2004

I read the reviews before staying. I found a few inconsistancies in some of the reviews.

The bathrooms are not that small, there are no closet doors to 'not function properly'
The staff are the best and friendliest I have come across.

The high speed wireless internet is offered at no charge. The in-room Starbucks coffee, the fitness center and Hot tub are nice amenities.

The price is very reasonable and their frequent stayer program is the best I have seen (stay 6 nights get the 7th free--at $58.00 a night)!

27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 2, 2004

The Campus Inn is adjacent to the University of Oregon campus and was very convenient for us. The rooms were clean and the staff was very courteous. We stayed 2 nights.

However, after checking our Visa statement online several days later, we discovered that they billed us with 2 separate charges; one for 2 days and one for 1 day. During a follow up phone call, the employee said it was a normal 1 day charge for a credit check only and would later disappear (this is not true). He said I must be one of those people who check their credit card statement with a magnifying glass (I am, and for good reason). He said he would pass on the situation to the manager.

After 2 weeks and no further response or change on our Visa account I talked to another employee who said to call back and talk to the manager. I talked to the manager on my third phone call. He said it was the mistake of the housekeeping crew, who thought we were staying a third day, and he would issue a credit (no apology). Finally, 26 days after the original posting, a credit was posted to our credit card account. Whew!

The handling of this credit card billing mistake (I hope it was a mistake!) by this establishment was dreadful. If you stay at the Campus Inn, watch your bill, carefully! There are other very nice motels in Eugene, which we saw during our stay. We will look elsewhere on our next visit.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Reviewed February 14, 2004

My son attends the University of Oregon, which is located across the street. This, and a visit to one of my doctor, were the reasons for my visit.

The hotel is not a four star... however, in some important ways, it is stellar. That is, you can get fast speed internet for $3... and, I paid under $50 for my room. This makes it definitely a bargain. This allowed me to connect to my office and to collaborate with a colleague out of state on an article that was unexpectedly due in three days!

The down side: the bathroom was very small. The mattress was not the best. The bed sheets were not 300 count, but it was mostly clean. The close door was not functioning properly. The staff is marginally friendly and breezy. There is no free newspaper or coffee in the morning. You decide whether that high speed access is important enough for you to consider this.

• Stayed January 2004, traveled on business
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DanCampusInn_Suites, Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
We have never charged any guest for use of the internet. We even advertise that we offer free hi-speed internet.
Reviewed June 10, 2003

The Campus Inn was very impressive. I chose to stay here because it offered me great rates while I was visiting the Eugene Area. I was also impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms and numerous amenities the motel had offered. For a local motel, I was delighted to receive such wonderful customer service. The Campus Inn was also in a great location, right in the middle of town, it's close to the Univesity and also walking distance to most reaturaunts and night life. I have stayed in many hotels and the quality of service I receive at the Campus Inn is exceptional.I highly recommend the Campus Inn for travelers wanting a quiet, relaxing and enjoyable stay at an incredible moderate price.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member