“My "Go To" Place”

Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I go to Eugene a lot as my daughter is a U of O student. I've stayed in various affordable motels, and Campus Inn is by far the best. Clean, close to downtown, friendly staff, laundry, and even a small workout room. If you want a good price within walking distance to everything, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are more private as otherwise you face the parking lot.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is right by oregon university and the area is a bit seedy. The hotel itself is older, but was clean and well maintained. We had a two queen room with sofa bed. The room had a refrigerator/microwave. I would have rated this one a notch higher, but breakfast was below average and some of the other guests were scary looking. No pool, but there is a hot tub. Ok for an overnight, but I'd look elsewhere for a longer stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a clean, well kept motel. I stayed here immediately following 5 nights in a luxury resort in Hawaii, which probably colors my view a bit. However, in Maui I woke up every morning with a backache, and at Campus Inn, I slept like a baby! Very comfortable bed, no backache. I was also very happy to find they had free wifi. It's in a great location and reasonably priced.

The downsides:
1. The walls are thin - I could hear my neighbor's TV and people outside my room.
2. My refrigerator didn't work, so the yogurt I bought didn't get refrigerated and had to be tossed.
3. There is no elevator so I had to heave my heavy suitcase up the stairs
4. The shower curtain rod was installed in the wrong place, so the shower curtain hangs into the tub and takes up about 1/4 or more of the shower. Therefore it was touching my body during the entire shower which sort of grossed me out, knowing that it touches EVERYONE who showers in this tub. I wonder if every room has this problem? (I am in room 223)

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you don't want to or can't carry your suitcase up a flight of...
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I picked this hotel because it had a 3 star rating on another site. I stayed there on two separate nights. Each night, I found the bed sheets were not even tucked in, so when you pulled the blanket off, you'd see the mattress sides uncovered. Seemed like the sheets weren't even large enough to tuck in so it looked just like a tablecloth hanging over the sides.

On the first night, our room (228) had a faulty bathroom door. We informed the front desk the next morning. The lady who greeted us when we checked in was very friendly, but failed to let us know that there was a jacuzzi on-site which we could really have used had we known! The first room seemed cleaner than the 2nd one.

The 2nd night, our room (226) had dirty carpets near the bed (crumbs and other white stuff left from a previous stay perhaps and a dead bug by the window) and sadly, a slightly less than clean bathtub and there was some rather gross-looking stuff stuck on the tiles of the bath.

We were tired, so we just went straight to sleep both times and tried not to think about anything else. The air-conditioner in the 2nd room was very loud. Sounded like an airplane trying to take off each time it kicked in to keep the temperature consistent.

The sheets seemed to be very clean each time and the beds were pretty comfortable. The lady at the front desk was friendly both times but the guy in the morning didn't even greet us when we showed up for breakfast and we were the only ones in the front area.

Will try to look for other options in the future. Experience was really just ok. Enjoyed the waffles at breakfast but could really do with a place to eat it (only table at front has two high seats sharing a space with the computer desk) and I agree with previous reviewers that some eggs would have gone a long way. That said, liked that there was free parking and free WIFI. Both were very helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify the room you want again at the check-in. I was given a room that wasn't wh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CempedakCanada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I think this is the best bargain motel in DownTown Eugene, OR. Great rates. Clean, good breakfast and coffee, comfortable bed, quiet. Convenient walk 2 blocks for excellent restaurants, nightlife - 4 blocks walking, or stumbling distance. Please drink responsibly. Love the lights in the trees at night!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Older facility, worn-appearing, but clean. Little frig & microwave. Some street noise. At-door parking, so easy loading. Allowed our dog. Very reasonable rates for this area close to campus, so good value for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TriRidge
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Can not believe the good reviews on this property...Are you sure this is where you're staying ?
This motel is a step above a dump...ASAP moved from the 1st room I was assigned: the room smelled so bad. The 2nd room was just as stinky. The writing was on the wall...I stayed just this time, knowing I'd never return. The teeniest soaps I have ever seen in a motel room: how could these soap sizes even be manufactured? This "now-famous" soap was actually not even freshly replaced on the second day: This sums it all up. ick!...bbllaah! No matter what the location...never again.

Room Tip: No tip whatsoever.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business