“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was visiting Eugene for the NCAA Track finals at Hayward Field. Campus Inn was perfect for my visit. I was traveling alone and felt very safe. The staff is terrific! Very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. Walking distance to restaurants, 7/11,shopping and downtown. About a 15 minute walk to Hayward Field. Very good value.
The room was very clean. Yes, there was a musty smell but didn't notice as much after turning on air conditioner. The smell didn't bother me too much during my stay (or I got use to it) but the smell was on all of my cloths (even the clothing I didn't wear) when I got home. I just washed everything and the smell was gone.
The hotel is nothing fancy but was I was comfortable which is important to me. The bed was very comfortable, nice flat screen TV and the wifi worked great. No problems with the bathroom and I had plenty of space. Breakfast was fine for me-fruit, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee. If you want a hot breakfast, there are restaurants within walking distance. Loved that there was a hot tub and veranda which was a great place to relax and eat breakfast. Didn't use either, but liked that there was a gym and laundry room. Refrigerator and microwave in room was very convenient.
The only request I have is for a safe to lock up money, laptop, etc. (and if there is anything that can be done about the smell). Other than that, the hotel is great! I plan to stay there again next year. Kudos to the staff!! I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mybrowneyedgirly
DanCampusInn_Suites, Front Office Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your comprehensive, thoughtful review. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Worldwide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My dog and I cruised into Eugene after a long day of driving. We had no idea where to stay. Somehow we got directed to Franklin Blvd and say the wide selection on crummy looking motels. Some looked more inviting than others. The Campus Inn looked well maintained so we stopped.

The rooms are basic, clean and inexpensive. The staff is very nice and the location is awesome...so we checked in. Unexpectedly, we ended up having staying 6 days and having a great time in Eugene. Campus Inn is walking distance to both the U of O Campus and Downtown Eugene. There are good restaurants, bars and movies within walking distance. Great spot...lucky to find it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AspenSpin
DanCampusInn_Suites, Front Office Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in Eugene. We appreciate your recommendation of Campus Inn. We do have an excellent location close to the downtown and campus night life.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nothing fancy. Everything you need for a good price. Staff was very friendly. Coffee (Starbucks) available in reception in the morning. Good feeling. Adequate rooms in older type motel building - two floors. Great location for downtown Eugene.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanCampusInn_Suites, Front Office Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking your time to review. Happy, friendly, appreciative guests 'are the best'. :-)
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Campus Inn seems to be adjacent to campus properties so is ideal for people on a budget needing to be near that section of the campus. Also walking distance to a number of acceptable restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

The front desk staff are pleasant and efficient, the wireless works wonderfully, the property is well-kept and clean. The room key didn't work on the room I was first assigned at the back of the court. Instead of getting a new key, I was given a different room at the front of the court, nearer the street. The traffic wasn't too heavy, though, and not as noisy as the heater, which was thunderously loud, and broke through my earplugs. It did, however, work well to keep the room at an even temperature. The room I had also had an overpowering musty old hotel smell, so strong that it made me nauseous and burned my nostrils. Leaving the fan on and the window wide open until bedtime helped enough to allow me sleep. The room was dated and gloomy but clean. The bathroom fan didn't work, the bathtub tap dripped, or rather, ran, constantly, and the bathtub looked like it had been painted awhile ago, but the paint was now peeling. Comfy bed, nice plump pillows. Breakfast was bagels, muffins, soft delicious apples and bananas. No sign of the hot breakfast promised to those who booked online, as I had. Starbucks coffee and hot water available with green tea. No decaf either at the breakfast bar or in the room. Not bad for the price, especially for those with a weak sense of smell. But I doubt I'll go there again, because I do have a keen sense of smell and that room reeked so badly that it kind of made the experience memorable for the wrong reasons.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive review. We appeal to the majority, but those who have sensitivities should know they have to be especially mindful of their condition.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is just one of those all-around, well-run places. The staff was very nice and helpful (they will give you a map for everything within walking distance). The rooms were clean and neat too. We stayed here twice on our trip and both times there were zero problems. Just a good experience.

While we weren't there for the University of Oregon, it is very convenient if you are visiting the campus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CoyoteIsland
Your sharing your experience is so valuable to other travelers. Thank you so much, we're glad you enjoyed yourself.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms are so clean...the staff is great, and I love the upstairs patio!!! I recommend this hotel to everyone!!! I will stay here every time I visit Eugene! If you need good food, this hotel is a great resource..they will direct you to all the right places!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanCampusInn_Suites, Front Office Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Our sincerest "thank you" for the perfect rating. Your appreciation is our best compliment!
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Things are good when the friendly desk staff finds your reservation easily, checks you in without a glitch AND can answer your questions about where to eat, directions for your appointment. Our room was clean, well maintained and a good price - it was perfect for our 10 day - five college tour. We found that being able to park right in front of your room was wonderful for getting in/out easily.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We truly enjoy our guest interaction. So glad you enjoyed it too!