“Warm reception, good breakfast, average rooms”

Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
San Francisco, California
“Warm reception, good breakfast, average rooms”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Received warmly upon arrival. Rooms are ok, might be good to upgrade. Good breakfast with Bagels and Starbucks Coffee. Free wifi.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This was our 3rd time to the Campus Inn and still the same great quality as the first time. The front desk staff were amazing and the price is pretty descent. The room was comfy and clean and the b'fast in the morning was awesome. I recommend staying at the Campus Inn, check around for the price and quality as you will not find a better deal in town!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank checkers007
portland
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was expecting Motel 6. The room was lovely. There as a flat screen television. We also enjoyed the hot jacuzzi. The owners put a lot of little details into this place. Don't be fooled by the pictures. They had all the extras. And the breakfast wasn't shabby either. They served Starbucks coffee. If you're traveling through town, I'd highly recommend this place. The price was right!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PortlandMosaic
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Room was clean but a bit too perfumy for our taste. Everything was fine except the heater -- it worked but seemed to have two settings: cold or hot. That said, I would not hesitate to stay here again, especially because we got a great rate through a Trip Advisor special. Good coffee, nice morning buffet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My original trip was 2 days. When I checked out of this hotel, they told me my card had been declined and I would have to pay in cash. I immediately went online and reviewed my bank statement which showed they had charged my card for 3 nights, and were attempting to charge another 2 - for a total of 5 - (hence my card being declined). I paid in cash. It so happened the owner was there, and I was able to SHOW where they had already charged me for three nights (even though I stayed two), but he could care less and told me to take it up with my bank. The staff (including the owner who was a total jerk), were unsympathetic, uncaring and came across as "too bad, your problem". Well, now 4 days after the fact, I have to dispute charges with my bank as a result of their crooked charges. By the way, Ive stayed in better places for HALF the price. Beware of giving them your credit card info!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moose3798
DanCampusInn_Suites, Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
To whom this may concern:

I have researched the events regarding this review and believe this to be based more on anger, frustration and a simple error rather than being intentional.

When the guest made his reservation, he stated that he wanted to pay with cash at check out. We noted that on his reservation.

As per Campus Inn policy, we are required to do a pre-authorization on all guests the morning of the day of arrival, if the guest wants to pay cash at check out, we still would require a valid credit card and authorization, just in case the guest leaves without paying.

This particular guests credit card was pre-authorized for his 2 nights stay, and he checked in on 10-22. On 10-23 our housekeeping staff entered his room to clean it and did not find any luggage or personal belongings to indicate that he was staying his second night and informed the front desk. The front desk thought the guest had indeed checked out and charged his credit card for 1 night room and tax. Approximately 12:30 the guest came to the lobby and proceeded to let us know that, because of us his credit card had been declined, and to strongly reiterate that he was paying with cash at check out. The owner happened to walk in at the end of the conversation, and was very empathetic with the guest and offered the guest the use of our lobby phone to contact his bank at no charge, he declined.

On 10-24 the guest came into the lobby, paid cash for his stay, at which time we refunded the 70.72 we had charged him back to his credit card.

We did nothing wrong and don't feel that this review is a fair assessment of the situation.

Dan Balek
Manager

Travelers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We had a great time in the spa! Kids loved it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The kids also enjoyed the continental breakfast. If we are ever in Eugene again, count us in as loyal guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family