“Easy, Clean, Reliable Hotel.”
Review of Hampton Inn Eugene

Hampton Inn Eugene
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Eugene
Seattle, WA
“Easy, Clean, Reliable Hotel.”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

I stayed at this hotel during a road-trip to California. It was a welcome relief after a long day of driving.

I'm picky about hotels, but was glad this one was decent. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, but it was tidy, clean, very friendly, and fairly new looking.

The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable. The ad campaign they currently use is very cute and it's theme is carried out through the room.

The continental breakfast in the morning is well thought out and very nice.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank StephanieC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2005

Very nice hotel, first class for a Hampton Inn. Helpful staff. Roomy queen size beds for the 3 of us, free internet connection, very deluxe room w/ bath. Breakfast was good, cereals, danish, bagels, juice, fruit. My only complaint was the location, several miles from Interstate 5 but worth the drive. Surrounding location not too good but newer stuff like Target and WalMart nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Worth the extra effort to get there.

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank Morts
CA
Reviewed July 27, 2005

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Eugene on our way to Seattle, from California. It was just a brief overnight stay, but the hotel and room were clean and very pleasant. The front desk staff person was helpful when we inquired about restaurants in the area, printing up information and directions for us. We chose the Hampton Inn after a recent stay at the HI in Mesa, AZ which was also great. We were not disappointed. The complimentary breakfast was great before we headed out on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank mlsimons
northern California
Reviewed June 26, 2005

The Hampton Inn looks pleasant and clean but the staff and technical problems can ruin your stay. We reserved a room with a refrigerator but on arrival we were told none was available. The clock radio in the room was broken so we used the automated phone system to set a wake up call. We did not get a call and when I asked the front desk I was told that the automated system has never worked (but they don't bother to warn their guests). I was promised a functioning clock radio but it was never replaced. When we arrived back in the hotel on the second night both our card keys would not function. The front desk said their card key device had been having problems for a while and frequently guests needed their cards redone. Again they had not bothered to fix the equipment. But the final insult was getting a bill for $20 for dirty linens. Some makeup was left on our washcloths and towels which the cleaning staff claimed was too hard to wash out. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and in 30 years of travel have never been charged for dirtying the towels! The front desk initially claimed to know nothing about the charge, and could not produce the "damaged" linens. Avoid the Hampton Inn in Eugene until there is a management change.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank SiskiyouTraveler
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviewed February 23, 2005

The Hampton Inn is located a few miles west of I5 and the University of Oregon on 11th. We spent 2 nights there while looking at the University. The Hampton Inn is not quite 4 years old, according to the desk attendant, but looks newer. Compared to other accommodations in its class, I thought this Hampton Inn was a cut above. The lobby, which included the breakfast area, was quite large and well decorated. The queen,queen room was also large, making it easy for the three of us to move around. It had a small desk to work at, with a power strip on the front of it and what appeared to be an Ethernet connection. There was also a small table, with 2 additional chairs. The radio/alarm clock was great: the current time and the alarm time are simultaneously visible on the display, making it easier to actually get the alarm to go off when we wanted it. Breakfast was more than the standard continental breakfast. One morning, there were french toast-like strips and small sausage patties. The second day, there was biscuits and gravy and sausage. The folks at the desk were quite helpful with directions, recommendations, etc. They even printed out a list of all movies playing in the area, with times, for us. Together, these small extras make it "a cut above..."

• Stayed February 2005
7 Thank Chip H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2004

I traveled for business in October. Everything was 100% perfect. I could not find any thing but wonderful positive things to say.
The staff was a 10, the office beautiful, rooms spotless, everthing you could want is in the rooms. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, They have special preset radio stations jazz, oldies rock & more.
The breakfast is clean, presentable & yummy.
The pool is spotless. What more can I say, I will stay again & I highly recomend the Hampton as the place to stay in Eugene.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2004

After reading the previous reviews and a hard day's work in Springfield, I was looking forward to staying at this Hampton Inn. I was disappointed. The hotel's location is unscenic, the lobby is plain, the room we stayed in had no charm, the walls were thin, and the breakfast was OK. The employees, however, were friendly and helpful and we did not experience any problems. If I had paid $40/night, I would not have been disappointed. However, since I paid over double that, I feel we were cheated. This is a good hotel for kids' sports tournaments. As a business traveler, I look forward to trying other hotels in the Eugene/Springfield area.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business