“Eugene Women's Marathon”
Review of Hampton Inn Eugene

Hampton Inn Eugene
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed July 31, 2014

In general, this is a nice place to stay. Receptionist is awfully friendly and helpful. Bed is clean and comfortable. Only wish the price is not so dear for the marathon event. Decor is impressive, but sink and drainage are not quite well maintained. Otherwise, it could be an excellent hotel. I've been here a handful of times, and the WiFi connection was very slow and I'm very disappointed about it. Let's hope they'll upgrade their technology soon, and maintain their sink and drainage system.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

All-in-all, this facility was exactly what I have come to expect from a Hampton Inn - comfortable and professionally operated. The only minor issue that I had during my stay was a malfunctioning box that controlled satelite television access (yes, they have DirectTV in the rooms). I reported it to the front desk as I was heading out to dinner; by the time I returned to my room the problem was fixed. Staff were also consistently friendly. The morning buffet, unfortunately, was consistent with most hotel's breakfast buffets - uninspired. I would definitely return in the future. The comments by others about this facility being "out of the way" or in a declining neighborhood are, I guess, a matter of opinion. But, I disagree - it was very convenient to the University and the neighborhood was typical of most urban retail districts.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great experience overall. The front desk in particular was very helpful. Despite being very busy they were really helpful. I was trying to find some good places to go hiking and I think it was Lori?, she helped me find a great place and printed off a bunch of good spots she liked to hike. The room was clean, breakfast was pretty good and was free. Originally only going to stay for one night, but ended up staying for two!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Front Desk lady named Sarah was awesome. I arrived at 2am exhausted and she got me and my boys settled and checked in quickly. She was nice, breakfast, was great. The room was spacious. Very nice staff

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stay at Hampton Inn's a lot on the road. I found myself needing to be in Eugene on a Sunday with family. What I didn't know was some sort of festival was going on at the same time. I called to make a reservation a day ahead and found the price doubled from normal rates, even with the "senior" discount. I realize folks have to make a buck but I had no choice (family) but sheeesh!. Service and room was great but the location of the hotel is not the best; although located on the west side of the city, it does make it easier to get to the fabulous Oregon coast only 60 miles away. Because of the jacked up price I can't say this stay was anything more than average.....

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for a single night as my first choice hotel only had availability the following days. The Hampton is ok as a hotel, clean with friendly staff. Complimentary breakfeast is satisfactory. My main problem with the hotel is that it is a few miles from the center. Thats not a problem if you have got a car but as I flew in from Europe it was not ideal for me.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I thought I booked through the actual Hampton website and discovered upon arrival that I had not. Thus, I was not going to get my Hilton Honors points. The desk clerk could not help me, but the next day the manager did a work around. Was a bit of a pain, but appreciate the extra mile that she went through to help me. The actual hotel gets screwed on the pricing when it goes through Expedia. Expedia is not CHEAPER--going direct to the hotel is better.

3  Thank Tom L