“Great Stay Here”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Sacramento
“Great Stay Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

We had a great stay at this location. Initially I was concerned because they are doing construction right near the property but it was very quiet in our room, even with the window open. The lobby, hallways and room were very clean. The breakfast was not the same as an Embassy Suites but, you are staying at a Hampton Inns. I was even surprised they actually had hot food for breakfast, the last time we were here 7/2004 they only had pastrys and cereal. I thought it was also great that if you were in a hurry that they had dash and dine bags that you could pickup on your way out. The staff was very helpful in showing us places to eat in town. Overall great stay. If you have time be sure to check out the Rapton Center and drive through the campus of the University.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — The price was a litle high for a Hampton Inn, but you are going to pay higher in the summer
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

I am on the road almost 15 nights a month. So when I get a decent night sleep, I am thrilled. Quiet hotel, nice bed, parking, everything is great here. NO WORRIES........GERRYKURL getting it done on the road! Breakfast was the typical.........ENJOY

• Stayed July 2008
Houston, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2008

When we arrived at this hotel we were overpowered by a foul odor in the lobby. When we asked about the smell our question was ignored and i turned to my wife & said maybe it was the coffee pot in the lobby? The clerk immediately said coffee is available 24 hours a day in the lobby. After checking in we discovered later the huge manure filled mulch piles (acres) directly behind the hotel. The hotels failure to be honest really angered us. The odor permeates the entire hotel - lobby, halls, & rooms. Our only request (made 10 months in advance) was to be away from the elevator noise. We were given the very 1st room near the elevator. When asked to change we were told the only room available was 2 more floors up & only one more door away from elevators. The breakfast is pitiful for these rates. Frozen "rubberized" egg substitutes with a dash of yellow coloring were disgusting. The other choices were frozen mini sweet rolls, cereal, overripe (black) bananas, etc. The bathroom smelled of urine the entire time. This hotel is located in a somewhat industrial area on the edge of town. The 100% satisfaction guarantee is not worth the paper it is written on. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the smell, the unhelpful staff (overly sweet but ignor real problems) don't ask how your stay was when you check out because they really don't care.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jayhoustontx
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2008

My wife and I drove down to Eugene to see a concert. When we got to the hotel, we were greeted at the front desk by the manager, who was very pleasant. Our room was clean and the king-sized bed was comfortable. When booking, I requested a top-floor room away from the elevators and vending machines, and that's what we got.

Breakfast was pretty typical fare - cereal, pastries, French toast sticks, sausage patties, juice, and so on. Simple but good. No complaints here.

Overall, a pleasant stay in a nice hotel.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room.
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Bandon, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2008

Nicely appointed Hampton Inn...just as you'd expect. This hotel is comparatively new, so it's got an up-to-date and simple, clean feel to it. Desk staff very friendly and accomodating. If you've been to a Hampton, well, this is the same!

As the other reviews state, it is located in a more industrial part of Eugene, but I find this hotel to be the most convenient for access to the Eugene Airport, which is why I frequent this hotel. If you want to stay in the heart of Eugene, however, this isn't the most convenient, but you're talking only a 5-7 minute drive (whoppee!)

• Liked — Location and clean - close to Eugene airport (I travel out of frequently)
  • Disliked — Area not pretty and 'touristy', though hotel is nice
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Zapinator
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2007

Nothing too exciting about this Hampton Inn. The rooms were clean and average. The breakfast was decent. I really liked the indoor pool. It was great having it near the exercise room. Also there is access ( 100 feet) to a running/biking trail. I didn't utilize it but saw plenty of people running/biking the trail. The staff there was excellent. They called to checkup on my stay several times and were very friendly. Had one issue with my internet and they resolved it immeidately.

Nothing overly special about this hotel, but the staff there is tops!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

I stayed for 3 days at this hotel and was pretty disappointed considering the hotel ranks #1 in Trip Advisor. First and foremost the location leaves much to be desired. The hotel backs up to a mulch factory which stinks especially first thing in the morning. It actually reminds me of a landfill. There is a Wal-Mart right down the street which is convenient but also gives you an idea for what the surrounding area is like. It is close to the Hynix fab, which may or may not interest you, but it proved convenient for me. I didn't get a chance to explore Eugene much but it gave me the impression that it is a cruddy city although this may not be the case.

I was booked into a smoking room by my travel agency, or so said the front desk staff, but I don't smoke and have never been given a smoking room at any other hotel booked by my agency. The room really, really stunk like stale cigarettes and since there was no more rooms left in the whole place I had to sleep in it for a night. The front desk staff seemed to scoff at my reluctance to stay in their stinky room but they became more empathetic when I asked them if they enjoyed living in stale cigarette smoke. They also offered to give me an ionizer and febreeze the floors and bedspread, which although was nice, did nothing to help eliminate the smell. I checked into a non smoking room the next night which smelled much better but I had to keep the windows open because the a/c didn't work and then the mulch/landfill smell permeated the room.

The rooms are run of the mill chain hotel rooms. Nothing special. They seemed clean but then again that should be a given. Complimentary high speed Wi-Fi was available in the lobby and cat5 wired available in the room. Breakfast was ok with a selection of 3 cereals and a hot dish, usually some kind of scrambled egg. Not very impressed with it although it is more than some hotels provide.

I will be staying in other hotels if I return to Eugene. I hope there is something with a little more going for it.

• Liked — Close to Hynix fab
  • Disliked — Mulch smell
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business