“Cozy, clean & Quiet”
Review of Hampton Inn Eugene

Hampton Inn Eugene
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed February 13, 2012

A nice place to stay if you do not want all the noise & traffic of staying downtown or near a freeway.
Sheets are clean, comforters are washed between each guest & are cozy & shower head is high! Nice for tall people. Coffee in room is nice too. Breakfast is included & they offer hard boiled eggs, omelets, waffles, all kinds of bread, pastry's, fruits, yogurt, oatmeal & cereals! Very decent. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing bike path (& wood mill) for a more quiet room on top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank crileyteach

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff, especially at the front desk and breakfast. I came for a sporting event at the university. The location is not the most convenient, but I guess that is why it is quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MelissaBG
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This Hampton was nice and I expierienced no problems here. The location was really odd to me though - quite a way off of I5 (must be some businesses nearby though because I noticed other motels nearby as well). The neighborhood didn't look great either and the "Not responsible for stolen goods" signs in numerous places inside and out of the hotel reaffirmed this for me. Service was satisfactory, but none of the workers were overly friendly either. This stay was on very short notice (same evening) If in Eugene again I would probably look at some other places to stay ahead of time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Travelin_Man069
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We recently stayed for 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in Eugene. The hotel is very clean and new. The room didn't disappoint as it was spacious, very clean, and had everything we needed. This is a 4 story property. The rooms were large as was the bathroom. It had a flat screen TV, work desk with computer connections, free wi-fi, chair with automan, mirrored closet, ironing board/iron. The king bed was very comfortable with good linens and 6 pillows! The bathroom had one sink, but long countertop, hair dryer, and shampoo/conditioner/soap, and coffee maker. Even the hallways were wider than normal, with the elevators in the center. Vending machines were on every floor with ice on 1 and 3. Downstairs lobby area is where the breakfast was served from 6:30-10:00 with waffles, assorted pastries/cereals, juices, coffee, yogurt, fruit etc. There was an indoor pool, hot tub, and small fitness room. Every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again. There were also restaurants, Target, and Walmart within a mile. The only negative thing I can say is that behind the property is a composting company. One of the evenings the smell was so pungent that my nose burned coming in from the front parking lot! I asked the hotel reservationist about it, and he said that they have installed misters around the property to help with that. It was unusally hot in Eugene, while we were there (95!), so that probably contributed to the smell of the composting piles as we did not have any trouble with that other than that night. Apparently, the company was supposed to move from that site when the Hampton was being built, but has not yet relocated. The management is doing what they can to deal with it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I frequently travel to Eugene for work and like to take advantage of time in the US to shop for things I can't find at home. This hotel is conveniently located to everything I need, and still close enough to go for a late afternoon walk and get to some less populated spaces to relax. As a member of the HIlton chain, i've come to expect the consistent themed look, so I am not expecting a quaint B&B or ritzy highrise. I like that I can count on quality linens in good shape, firm pillows and mattress, functional coffee, hairdryer, alarmclock, and most important, free wifi in everyroom and a decently-equipped business room to make copies, fax or print documents. The site is always clean, well maintained, and safe.
Staff is welcoming and efficient. The hot breakfasts are less than stellar, but I always eat the fresh fruit and yogurt options anyway. I do see people go nuts over making their own waffles... go figure!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2011

From the breakfast attendants to the the staff was friendly, attentive and genuinely caring. Brigitte, Bob, Tamara were all very professional and hospitable.

Will stay here every time we are in Eugene.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank C_Dilip
Reviewed August 8, 2011

What a terrible experience! We had a ton of guests staying at the hotel because of a 4 day wedding weekend. The hotel itself is rather industrial looking and the rooms are furnished (I had typed "decorated" but then decided that was overstating the facts) in a very spartan manner. Made me feel like we were camping. In addition to the stench so many people have written about, one of the groomsmen's car got broken into in the parking lot. The staff was totally non-responsive about the crime.

We explained to the front desk that the hotel was not what we were accustomed to and would not be staying the night. The front desk manager (Bridget) was nasty and sarcastically said she was sorry it wasn't the 7 or 8 star hotel we must be used to. Although there were empty rooms available (and it's not like they turned away any business because we were there), she insisted she was still going to charge us for the night. We'll see what American Express and Hilton (the parent company) have to say about that.

I asked for the general manager's name and Bridget told me it was "Bob" and refused to give me a last name. Three days later, when I called the hotel directly, a man told me the general manager's name was Cheryl. I asked to speak to the GM because I had a problem at the hotel that weekend and guess who picked up the phone. Bridget. When I asked to speak to the general manager, Bridget told me she would handle things. I refused to speak with her and asked for the general manager to call me. Five hours later, I got a phone call from the hotel and the woman said she was calling for the general manager to find out what the problem was. Sure enough, it was Bridget again. When I insisted on speaking to the GM, Bridget refused to let me speak with her/him. Unbelievable.

The good news is that there are wonderful alternatives in Eugene. We ended up staying at The August House. It's a fabulous bed and breakfast there in Eugene and it is amazing. I did a review on Trip Advisor about it too. Check it out. It's pricier, but well worth it. Whatever you do, stay away (FAR away) from the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family