All reviews the river across the street full kitchen the sofa bed living area fire pit home away from home would stay here again front desk staff football stadium nice property waffles rooms are nice convenient location workout room easy access the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Stayed here for a single night to catch an early morning flight. Was very impressed with the service as check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly, helping us with a couple of needs we required. The rooms are clean and everything worked fine. The property is in a convenient area too. The only warning is to avoid rooms on the side by the highway. It can get pretty loud at night. That's all that kept it from a 5 rating for me.

Room tip: Be sure not to get a room on the side of the highway. It's very noisy, even late at night.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Franziska W, Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear that you were very impressed with the service at check-in and that it was quick and the staff were friendly. It's also great to hear that the rooms were very clean and that you found everything in great working order. We're glad that you found our property convenient and that you overall had a nice stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Eugene!

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Got to stay in this Residence Inn by the Marriott. For the good, the customer service all around was super friendly. Cocktails available at night with simple snacks if you have packages waiting for you they have them waiting for you. Parking is pretty easy around the whole property. As for the thing that might be improved a bit would be that the rooms are somewhat current from 10-15 years ago and would be nice if they had a refresh. Over I was happy with location.

Date of stay: February 2018
Franziska W, Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Etienne! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the customer service was great and the staff were very friendly. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Eugene!

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I was told on the phone and twice after checking in that I would get a complimentary upgrade. When I spoke with the manager, I was told no since I would be here awhile. The manager did not even seem to be aware of the policy. I guess long term people don't get the some consideration. I have enjoyed upgrades at many other Residence Inn but not here. Since that is a primary reason I stay at Residence Inns, I will certainly not stay at this one again. Very small portions at breakfast and not refilled quickly. Evening Mix was also not well presented-couldn't find any soda. The desk staff was pleasant overall. Business center seems to be in the lobby with no privacy.

Room tip: first room was practically on the highway-extremely noisy. Second room was quiet.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Franziska W, Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, Holly! We are glad to hear that you found our front desk staff pleasant and helpful, however we are so sorry that we could not upgrade your room upon arrival. While we love to upgrade guests, unfortunately it is based on availability and we were completely sold out for a few weekends during your stay with us. We did want to let you know that we do have sodas available at The Mix, however we like to make The Mix a very personal experience and therefor like to personally get the drinks for our guests. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your travels to Eugene!

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Stayed here couple of nights. Near U of O. Room was clean and spacious. Had a kitchen but we never used the stove top; however, having dishes and cups (not paper cups) was nice as we did use them for warming up food plus food we bought at the grocery store. Front desk staff were very friendly and informative. Nice complimentary breakfast. They also had complimentary "happy hour" with beer/wine and, on the second night, they had pulled chicken (or pork?). I think they offer this for 3 of the 7 nights (Mon-Wed). Parking was convenient. The only thing we didn't like that much was the mattress. It was too soft for us. We like a firmer mattress, but that is an individual preference so just be aware of that if you have a back problem.

Room tip: Stay early in the week, and get complimentary happy hour meal and drinks
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Franziska W, Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us, Dennis! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and that the room was spacious and clean. We're glad that you found the dishes in the room convenient for heating up food, and that you enjoyed our happy hour on a few of the nights you were staying with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

I stayed at the Residence Inn Eugene Springfield on November 28th & 29th of this week and all I can say is what an absolute disappointment. I travel 4 days a week for work and only stay on Marriott properties. This location is by far the poorest kept Residence Inn I have ever seen in the 50 states. Popcorn ceilings in the rooms, old carper, outdated showers and a sheet of plywood between the mattress and the boxspring to give it a firm feel. The hallways are coated with old dirty white paint with scuff marks and chips from wall to wall. Rooms have a great desk area for business travelers but that is about it. My sheets were clean but the plywood enhancement to my mattress left me baffled. If you are into fitness, this is NOT the hotel for you. The fitness room is literally a small office with a few cardio machines and the kicker is that the website lists free weights. Check out the picture of the free weights I posted along with this review. It is unreal. The room is so small that you cannot do any strength training without bumping into a wall or someone on the cardio machines. I cannot speak to the 4.5 Review Average for this hotel only to say that they reviews have got to be fake. If you expect any type of excellence from a hotel, do not stay here. It is just a rundown Holiday Inn with the Marriott name on it.

Room tip: Get something on the second floor as you can hear everything above you!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Franziska W, Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay with us. We are happy to hear that everything was nice and clean, however we do want to apologize for the bed board under the mattress. All of our mattresses are very new, however some guests prefer a firmer mattress and do request the bed board. We appreciate your feedback about the paint scuffs, and have brought this to the attention of our maintenance department. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we hope that our staff provided you with excellent customer service and that you had safe travels!