“Great property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2008

This was a great stay. The property was extremely clean and well kept. It is close to downtown and within walking distance to Autzen and upscale shopping. There are several good eateries within walking distance, too. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Should I return to Eugene, I will surely stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank boi123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

When: Feb. 15th & 16th, 2008

2 Adults & 1 Teenager

Room 127

Pros: Excellent location, with easy freeway access, McMenamins North Bank restaurant right across the street, rooms freshly painted with new bedding.

Cons: Staff could be more friendly & courteous, breakfast bar needs to be replenished on a timely basis.

A great overall stay at a Residence Inn property that upholds to the Marriott standards. We really liked the convenient location to the University of Oregon and the Valley River Mall.

As of this writing, this property was in the final stages of a renovation. The rooms were completely repainted with new bedding, exterior landscaping & painting updated.

SGS 021908 Pearlridge, HI

• Liked — Location to Autzen Stadium, University of Oregon, Valley River Mall & Oakway Center
  • Disliked — Staff could be more friendly & courteous
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank SGerard_S84
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2007

We stopped here on our way through Oregon on a road trip with our two small children. We got in late and the manager agreed to upgrade us to
a two-room suite since we had the kids. What a nice treat at the end of a long day on the road!

Beds were very comfortable, no wi-fi but the internet connection is free, and the room was quite spacious. The free breakfast is a great option with at least one hot option and a make-your-own-waffle station. Parking is free, too.

I highly recommend due to the amenities, space, and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank KristinWA
Cornwall, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

We just turned up at the hotel and asked for a room. We were told that only a suite was available at about $220. We were about to leave and were told that since it was late in the afternoon they would be prepared to let us have a room for "handicapped" people, the rate for which for double occupancy was $169 and that is what we paid. Previous reviewer please note!

And very nice it was too.

• Liked — Accomodation - small appartment
  • Disliked — The view
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gil Patrick
stellaM12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

We stayed here for two nights the first week of October. We were surprised at how nice the rooms were when we walked in. Everything was very new and very nice. The breakfast was very good. The lady who works the breakfast area was so friendly and helpful, she seemed to know most of the guests by name also.
We did go to the evening reception the last night we were there. As soon as we walked in she asked us if we wanted beer or wine. She poured us both a cold beer and we relaxed by the fire for a while.
Next time we go to Eugene we will be staying here. It was the best place we stayed on our whole roadtrip.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stellaM12
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

I feel like I need to share my experience because it was not a good one. I called the hotel before my stay to check availability and rates and was told they were 169 to 189/ night based on single or double room suite which sounded high at the time, but I thought I would give them a shot none the less. I reserved a double room as my brother was traveling with me and checked in. They said they were putting us in a handicapped suite (although we did not require one) and I didn't think much of it at the time. However, in the morning the express checkout form read 260 some dollars (for the room- NO extras). I called the front desk and was informed that this was the handicapped double room rate to which I replied 1.) I had hoped we had not taken a handicapped room away from someone who actually needed one and that 2.) this was not the rate that had been quoted over the phone. The person on the other end claimed to be the manager on duty and said sorry, but that's the deal and he couldn't do anything for us unless we wanted to stay another night. I didn't even want to stay another minute after talking with him, so I told him lesson learned and I would not be returning. Also, to add insult to injury the shower head holder in the handicapped bathroom was broken and had to be held the entire time to keep it from hosing down the entire bathroom. In summary, I would say that its not just the handicapped that are getting hosed here, but anyone else who falls into their little rate switching machine. Avoid or stay at your own risk.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank mdgsolo
resinneugene, General Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2007
This guest contacted the property after check out and talked with the GM. A full refund and apology was given. It is unclear where the miscommunication occurred but the guest was fully reimbursed.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

I travel to Eugene every year and try to stay somewhere different each year to get a better taste of this unique little town. I won't stay anywhere but the Residence Inn from now on. The hotel is nice--apparently just remodeled, the rooms were spacious, the breakfast is free! The weekday social hour was a nice touch although I rarely took advantage of it. The staff really stood out. Everyone was exceptional. The breakfast ladies knew me by name by my third day there. The front desk made several excellent recommendations for dinner and even made a point to ask me how dinner was when I saw them again. Even the night security guard was friendly and talkative. Next year I may extend my trip and stay a little longer. They made me feel at home.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo