Residence Inn Eugene Springfield
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$180
$189
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$127
$107
$99
$90
CandlewoodSuites
Best Western New Oregon(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$240
$182
Hotels.com
$180
$238
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo bedroom suitethe riveracross the streetfull kitchenan extended staytrader joesthe sofa bedpre's trailliving areafire pitfront desk staffhome away from homestayed nightsgreat roomwafflesautzen stadiumthe air conditioning
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I feel like I need to share my experience because it was not a good one. I called the hotel before my stay to check availability and rates and was told they were 169 to 189/ night based on single or double room suite which sounded high at the time, but I thought I would give them a shot none the less. I reserved a double room as my brother was traveling with me and checked in. They said they were putting us in a handicapped suite (although we did not require one) and I didn't think much of it at the time. However, in the morning the express checkout form read 260 some dollars (for the room- NO extras). I called the front desk and was informed that this was the handicapped double room rate to which I replied 1.) I had hoped we had not taken a handicapped room away from someone who actually needed one and that 2.) this was not the rate that had been quoted over the phone. The person on the other end claimed to be the manager on duty and said sorry, but that's the deal and he couldn't do anything for us unless we wanted to stay another night. I didn't even want to stay another minute after talking with him, so I told him lesson learned and I would not be returning. Also, to add insult to injury the shower head holder in the handicapped bathroom was broken and had to be held the entire time to keep it from hosing down the entire bathroom. In summary, I would say that its not just the handicapped that are getting hosed here, but anyone else who falls into their little rate switching machine. Avoid or stay at your own risk.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank mdgsolo
resinneugene, General Manager at Residence Inn Eugene Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2007

This guest contacted the property after check out and talked with the GM. A full refund and apology was given. It is unclear where the miscommunication occurred but the guest was fully reimbursed.

Reviewed September 25, 2007

I travel to Eugene every year and try to stay somewhere different each year to get a better taste of this unique little town. I won't stay anywhere but the Residence Inn from now on. The hotel is nice--apparently just remodeled, the rooms were spacious, the breakfast is free! The weekday social hour was a nice touch although I rarely took advantage of it. The staff really stood out. Everyone was exceptional. The breakfast ladies knew me by name by my third day there. The front desk made several excellent recommendations for dinner and even made a point to ask me how dinner was when I saw them again. Even the night security guard was friendly and talkative. Next year I may extend my trip and stay a little longer. They made me feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank gapeach269
Reviewed August 20, 2007

The renovation inside the hotel is done and it looks great. They are adding on to the hotel next door but we didn't hear the construction at all. The rooms look great--very modern--and we found the breakfast filling. (We would have liked more organic choices but that's hard to find in chain hotels.) The staff was friendly--everyone we passed smiled and/or said hello. The pool is nice for the summer but apparently not open during the winter (it's outdoors). I wonder if the spa is closed, too. For this time of year, though, it was great. Overall it was a nice experience. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank midwestwanderer_7
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We were taking a road trip to California and wanted a place to stay for the night in Eugene as it was a good stopping point for day one. Frankly, in Eugene there are very few places to choose from.

After researching online we chose to stay here and booked a two bedroom suite. For the dollar the value was okay but not fantastic especially considering this isn't exactly a "destination" type town.

It is a bit tricky to get to the hotel, be careful following the directions provided by the hotel on their website they are a bit tricky.

The hotel was under renovation so there was a bit of disarray. The breakfast was being served in a room not far from our suite due to the renovations so there was a lot of traffic going by outside our door.

I'm hoping we were staying in one of the rooms yet to be renovated, as the beds were not very comfortable and the furnishings were in desperate need of updating.

The place has potential, so hopefully once the renos are completed it will improve over-all.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Americanuck
Reviewed May 27, 2007

I found this hotel through the Marriott website and booked it because I love the beds in their hotels. Not only did I have the wonderful comfy Marriott bed with loads of pillows but got a spacious one bedroom suite with a little kitchenette. Even with the construction; this is the best place to stay in Eugene. The rooms are clean and with the renovation, everything is brand new!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family