“Fresh and delicious”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Eugene, Oregon
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I really enjoy eating at this restaurant. I have been her four times now and it is always yummy. Fresh fish, good service, nice atmosphere. I will be back!

• Visited April 2014

Brookings, Oregon
“Poor service and the food quality has decreased”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

So, initially we loved Izumi back when it opened. It's been a while since we have gone there, but on our last trip to Eugene we stopped by for Happy Hour. I thought the service had gone downhill considerably. I felt like the staff acted as though we were bothering them. Plus, they had a lot of different staff members bringing dishes out and they never knew who they went to, why they were bringing it out, or even if it was the right table.

The food and drinks were tolerable, but nothing special. Part of what I like about sushi is how healthy it is, but this food was largely fried and/or smothered in sauces to I didn't feel like I was eating anything at all healthy. Additionally, while the bar drinks were okay, I didn't feel like they were anything special at all.

Finally, I went with a group of six and mostly shared plates - with three of us sharing the first plate of house rolls to come out. The next morning, all three of us were sick - but not the other three people. Clearly, I cannot say for sure that this was due to the food - plus a week and a half earlier there had been a stomach virus going around - but the timing is such that I am unlikely to be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
USA
“First timer for sushi - really enjoyed the place”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can't speak to how the sushi compares to other places, but I thought Izumi was great - especially for my first sushi "experience." The number of different menus and how to order was confusing, but the waitress was really nice and attentive, getting everyone taken care of ordering and throughout the meal.

The food was great, and there were a lot of options on the menus - so if you're with a mixed group there's something for everyone (sushi, other seafood, teriyaki, grilled items, etc.). A couple of people in our party really like sushi, and they loved this place.

I had the crescent roll and also tried the house roll - both were fantastic. Those might also b e great options for someone else not sure about sushi or sashimi. Maybe stay away from the tempura unless you're really into it - the two in our group that ordered it didn't like it.

• Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great Sushi - killer happy hour”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a very winning restaurant. The food is delicious, the portions are generous, the service is attentive, and the rooms are very pleasant. As of this writing, they have a daily 4-6 happy hour with lots of 1/2 price items. This is certainly a neighborhood kind of place, and always satisfies!

• Visited November 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“We had a good experience both in the bar and in the restaurant.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We dined here with a group of 5. 3 different tickets, so that is always going to be a bit of an issue. The waitress in the restaurant wasn't thrilled with that, but she was ok.

The sushi was really good. Some of the food did come out missing ingredients, so they had to wait while some of us ate.

Overall, I thought their happy hour prices were great and they are good both in the bar and in the restaurant. Quite a few choices too.

• Visited November 2013