“Waffle Perfection!”

Off the Waffle
Ranked #14 of 657 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Off The Waffle is a magical place where everyone's dreams are bound to come true. Leave all of your troubles behind and come to a place where Liege waffles roam free and all taste buds are a-frolicing
Reviewed April 30, 2013

These waffles would be flawless with nothing on them. Then, add avocados, strawberries and olive oil on the "Just Trust Us" waffle and your world of waffles is about to get blown away! We tried two savory and two 'in-between' waffles and all of them delivered even more than was promised. Service was friendly and the owners were genuinely concerned that we were satisfied. I wish I lived closer so I could eat here every day. Not to be missed!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I bring every out of town guest and colleague here. Food is wonderful, prices are right, vibe is great. It's so VERY Eugene (despite being Belgian food served by Israelis . . . wait that's exactly what makes it Eugene, that and the wooden "video" game). They used to have big problems with service quality but finally seem to have resolved this.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Liege waffled impressively prepared with a variety of savory and sweet toppings. Why hadn't I found this place before in Eugene! The downtown location has more space than the Southeast version, so go there first. I stuck to the basics and got the egg, bacon and havarti over the waffle. With just a hint of maple syrup it brought back memories from childhood of mixing my syrup with the eggs and bacon. Mmmmm.... drool... Then the waffles themselves have those little crystals of sugar... Ok, I'm hoping in the car and going back from more!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. I decided to go here while in Eugene for one night after reading all the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I would highly recommend you go and get a Hot Avo. I am sad I no longer live on the west coast as of yesterday. Had I known about this place I would've driven three hours from Seattle just to eat there on weekends. It's that good. The staff is really friendly and if you are in or around Eugene you have to try this place!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! I went with my two teenage boys to the downtown location. They ordered the Bmb and the Strawberry Split. I chose the Bully, thinking that it would be covered mostly in fruits. I chose the wrong menu item for me...I'm not crazy about chocolate...and there were a LOT of chocolate chips on this waffle. The waffle taste was very unique...yummm. The waffle is sweet enough without the extra chocolate. But that's just me.
My son's Bmb was THE BEST. Great choice for brunch. He had the egg on top. I ended up trading him a couple of bites.
My other son had the banana split and this creation was like 4 inches high. He loved it!!
A very unique and decadent dining experience. Great for family, groups, dates....