“Hit the Spot”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Description: Two locations in Eugene; other is downtown at 933 Pearl Street
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The true test of any pizza is the crust and this is some of the best hand thrown crust I've ever had. Pure and simple.

The pies are baked hot enough that the crust comes out like a wonderful traditional artisanal bread. We opted for a build your own but there were numerous menu-item pies that sounded nice. They also have pizza by the slice -- nice sized slices for a very reasonable price.

The salad was larger than I expected for the price, the pie was HOT, perfectly cooked, ample topping and delivered in an appropriate time. The place does a healthy noon hour business so watch your time of arrival -- we just avoided a rush!

I'd come back regularly if we lived here; I'll be back for sure before we leave the area. Great Pie, nice staff (seemed like all college students). If it was not quite so commercial it would be a great date spot -- not much ambience -- but great food and you can't eat ambience. ;-)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate at the Pearl Street location while passing through town and were not disappointed. We ordered 2 small pizzas -- pepperoni and a fungus something-or-other (basically mushroom). We have two teenagers: an 18-yr-old foodie and a 15-yr-old who almost always prefers plain old pepperoni. All of the critics in our family loved the pizza. We also ordered a salad (spinach, I think), which was also very good. We had no issues with the service. Maybe it was a slow night. Our food was delivered to our table and it didn't take long. I wish we had a place like this close to our home, because it would be our go-to pizza joint!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

It was a warm evening when we visited and the restaurant appeared to have no AC. We ordered slices of the pre-made pizza and got salads, which turned out to be giant in size. The pizza was decent, service was friendly, but the warm temp wasn't much fun. Don't visit on a warm day unless you're getting carry out.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I work an eight to five job in an office and during my lunch break I just want to escape for a little. With a completely affordable lunch menu and outdoor seating, Mezza Luna is hands down my favorite place to go. I am a stickler for crust when it comes to pizza and Mezza Luna never disappoints. Their service is wonderfully efficient which really helps those with short lunch breaks and no time to spare. I highly recommend this restaurant for any meal!

1  Thank Lillian G
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place makes a good pizza and has a lot of options for your pizza. You can get pretty exotic. It is counter service and bus your own tables. I might have given a higher rating, but the staff was rather detached and service slow.