“very yummy pizza!”

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

friendly staff.
quick service.
very good pizza!
i was so glad they had a gluten-free option. the gluten free crust was not the best, a little bland, but the pizza was so delicious it more than made up for the crust.

we will definitely come back here again when passing through eugene.

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Maine
“Excellent pizza”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I wouldn't say that the pizza is "New York style," but it's very, very good in its own right. The crust is less doughy than you find in NYC. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our meals. The pepperoni was excellent and The Boot, with mozzarella, gorgonzola, sausage, peppers, and onions, was our favorite. Portions are large and the friendly staff let us taste beers before purchasing them. The Caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had. I couldn't place the extra flavor in the dressing, but I sure did like it.

Two members of our party had the vegan pizza, and it was not to their liking. Not wanting ersatz pizza, I didn't try it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Citizen_of_Amherst
Ft. Wayne, IN
“Just good pizza”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I read the reviews before going to Mezza Luna and I expected a true NY style outstanding pizza, unfortunately what I got was simply just a good average pizza. Not really bad but not exceptional either, frankly I've had better thin crust at Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa John's. Sorry but the reviews just don't agree with my taste. The crust was average in flavor, the ingredients were fresh but flavorless and the sauce was bland.

• Visited May 2013
Eugene, Or
“Great Pizza - Thin Crust Style”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It is a bit jarring to see that a pizza parlor is rated as the #1 restaurant in Eugene; this in a town with dozens of very fine restaurants that go way beyond a simple pizza pie. But as I look at the top 15 or so restaurants as listed here - I see that most of them are speciality restaurants offering pizza, or ice cream or rice and beans etc. The ones listed are certainly some of the best in those categories - but most are not fine dining. Mezza Luna is no exception. Definitely one of the better pizza places in town if you like the thin crust style. One thing about this style - takeout does not work so well. By the time you get it home - the crust is soggy - which defeats one of the fine points of a thin crust - crispiness. So I would recommend eating your pizza there - and you will enjoy it. We like simple pizzas, either cheese or pepperoni - and they do a great job on those. Their caesar salad was huge and delicious. Service has always been very friendly and helpful. This is our new favorite pizza in town now that Bene Pizza is gone....bummer......

• Visited April 2013
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“As good as Italy”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I lived in Italy for five years and this pizza is as good or better than most you get there. If you like your pizza with enough cheese to pave the Alcan highway, this place isn't for you, but if you like a thin, light, crisp crust with just enough toppings to give it a good flavor, this is the place. Well constructed salads too. One negative is the limited number (3) of on tap beers.

• Visited April 2013