“True NY Pizza in Eugene” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mezza Luna Pizzeria
Ranked #78 of 607 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Two locations in Eugene; other is downtown at 933 Pearl Street
Spokane
“True NY Pizza in Eugene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friend and I were walking by (we stayed at a nearby motel) and I saw somebody at the window eating a slice and knew it was good pizza. I'm a pizza "snob" in the sense that I had my first slice around 1958 in the Bronx and have lived and eaten pizza in at least ten states and three countries since and never had one quite right. This place, owned by a former New Yorker, has it down. My friend and I had a plain cheese pizza (the true test). Why is it so good? They use corn meal on the bottom of the oven to keep the crust both thin and crispy without being burnt, something nearly all pizza places stopped doing years ago because of cost, a savings which results in droopy, soggy 'thin' crust which also has to be way too thick. So if you like good pizza and want to know what it tasted like at its best, go here. I'm making a special trip back to Eugene with my wife just to have another pie (and go to the coast). If you like the loaf-of-bread approach to pizza like Chicago has foisted on the world, skip this place. If you're not sure, you will be after you eat here.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank SteveSpokane

Sioux City, Iowa
“Great place for pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was in Eugene on a business trip recently & dined here with friends. We enjoyed watching them hand-toss the pizza dough & enjoyed the pizza by the slice with a nice side salad & beers. Very reasonably priced! Not much for seating, so you have to keep your eyes open for a table if you plan to dine in. Appreciated the pizza by the slice, as we were staying in a hotel in the neighborhood with no frig or microwave available.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow! Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This location was rated high on TA so I decided to give it a chance and I was NOT disappointed with the service or the food. I ordered a pizza and a salad. The salad was VERY fresh with wonderful toppings. The pizza was perfect. Would definitely recommend.

Visited April 2013
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great Pizza - tried The Boot. Loaded with stuuf - we added extra sauage. If you stay in Eugene you have to try Mezza Luna.the cost of a huge 18 inch pizza is 24.50. We picked up since we were at the Residence Inn about 3 minutes away. Four of us were full.

• Visited March 2013
Pa
“Pizza to Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

When the pizza mood strikes, some here with no regrets. Pizza by the slice or the whole pie. Killer salads and cold beer. Calzone is always one of the best. I like the spinach salad and pizza slice. Staff are really cool local peps. Don't expect table service and white napkins, cause it aiin't that way. Serious Pizza Guyz!

• Visited October 2012