“Limited menu, but great food”
Review of Cafe 440

Cafe 440
Ranked #4 of 613 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A full-service, family friendly restaurant serving Northwest comfort food with a twist.
Washington State
“Limited menu, but great food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was in Eugene visiting family and they took me to this Cafe. I had the Salmon that was the special for the evening and it was great. My companion arrived in Eugene the next day, and I took her back based on the food from the day before that I was sure she enjoy, and she did. Would not hesitate to go back there on my next
trip to the area.

• Visited May 2014

Oakland, Oregon
“Go here for Sunday brunch”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is my favorite place to go for brunch in Eugene! I am an eggs Benedict junkie, and I absolutely adore their Oregon smoked salmon Benedict, which is served with a lox-style salmon. I also like their original eggs Benedict, which you can order with ham, bacon or avacado and has extras like spinach and tomato. I appreciate that you can order a half order of the various Benedicts, being that it is such a rich dish. The chicken fried steak is made out of TENDERLOIN (yes, TENDERLOIN!!!) and is to die for! The only day they offer breakfast/brunch is on Sunday and it is always packed, so be sure to call ahead of time and reserve a table. I have only had dinner here one time, and it was good but not as memorable as brunch. We had the chicken wings appetizer upon the waiter's suggestion, which turned out to be the hit of the evening. I had Chicken Marsala for my entree, which was fair but had way too breading. I make this dish at home often and I know what Marsala sauce is supposed to taste like, and Cafe 440's version is too sweet. My date had the pork chop with hazelnut special, which was also overly sweet in my opinion.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G
Eugene
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Went to Cafe 440 for a Sunday breakfast, they open at 9 and there was a waiting list by 9:20... New menu and it is very good. Would recommend this for anyone wanting a good breakfast!!

• Visited April 2014
Leaburg, Oregon
“good food and service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Girls dinner out, we tried all different things. Our favorite was the meatball appitizer. Great servers. We were hoping for a younger crowd/vibe. Total bill for 2 adults and 2 kids was 141, so a bit on thehigh side for me. View is a parking lot.

• Visited April 2014
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Love the pork nachos and beer at this place. Be sure to get the fries also!!

Great choice of beers on tap, also!

My wife loves the soup at this restaurant. We went here when it first opened and met the owner....really nice guy that took good care of us.

Been to Cafe 440? Share your experiences!