“Reliably good”

Cafe 440
Ranked #4 of 615 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A full-service, family friendly restaurant serving Northwest comfort food with a twist.
Eugene, Oregon
“Reliably good”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Cafe 440 probably thirty times or more in the past thirty months. About the best way to summarize my opinion of this restaurant is to say that Cafe 440 is one of the few restaurants in Eugene that is reliable enough to take guests and out-of-towners to and know that your friends will get a good meal and good service. The place can be loud and crowded, but this is typical of a good place. Luckily, Cafe 440 takes reservations; if you're wanting to eat there on a Friday/Saturday evening, I recommend making them.

The menu is not huge, but the entrees are well-prepared and seasoned in different and interesting ways. The bar is phenomenal - probably the best mixed drinks in town.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Hadrons

“Crosslands staff”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Restraunt was amazing our waitress was also very friendly are food was ordered and outbin about 6 minutes suprised no waiting I will recommed this Restraunt to our guest for good food and nice cold beer

• Visited July 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Grilled Peaches...who knew?”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I flew into Eugene on my way to the Oregon Coast and Cafe 440 had been highly recommended as a 'must experience', so I did! Good choice for certain. First of all it was easy to find and we were warmly welcomed by the owners and staff. We received excellent service and the food and wine were perfect. Beautifully plated and delicious! The prosciutto wrapped grilled peaches, prawn ceviche, and Northwest salmon cakes paired with a crisp Sauv Blanc was a culinary dream come true! I'm especially impressed with with their history of charitable giving. Well done Cafe 440, I'll be back! Foodie in Boulder...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jarabak
eugene
“Sunday Breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

At first glance it was noisy and crowded, but after we were seated, the staff was attentive and pleasant. I was absolutely astounded at the quality and flavor of the food. I had the hash eggs benedict with potatoes. More than I could eat and well worth the 12 dollars. I will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cmegster
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent, always consistent, something for everyone”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

One if the very best in the whole willamette valley. They should be proud of what's been accomplished. It's the go to place for locals who know and a great place to bring visitors.

Diverse menu, creative and excellent specials, great staff, engaged owner, wonderful chef and kitchen staff, just great.

Can't say enough good things.

Only thing Id love to see change is an expansion at some point because people love it so much!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CBerry80

Been to Cafe 440? Share your experiences!