“Yummy Lebanese Food!”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was visiting relatives and we went downtown to find a good restaurant and stumbled on Dalia on Broadway. It was great. I am not very familiar with Lebanese food but there was plenty too choose from that didn't seem too unfamiliar or weird. I got the Kibbe (basically little meatloaves) and it was great. The appetizer plates are really unique (we got the hummus - the dipping bread was FABULOUS!) so be sure to try one. My brother and his wife got dessert which they said was very good.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We decided to try out Dalia since the restaurant was getting good reviews (both on TA and from some of our friends), the owner has a great track record in town and we were curious to see what changes had been made to the old Zenon.
The good news is that the food was very tasty and our personable young server was very knowledgeable about the menu, the food preparation and the on tap beer selections. We ordered two appetizers (tzatziki and eggplant feta). Although my wife loves tzatziki, it is more appropriate as a side dish or accompaniment of something hot and spicy, not alone with just pitas to put it on. My eggplant feta was delicious and would have been enough for us to share.
The main courses were lamb shwarma for my wife and Lamb Lubia for me. The shwarma was good, with a minty flavor and was enough for us to take home half (which I mixed in my own eggplant, onion and tomato stew for the next night's dinner). The lubia was cubes of leg of lamb in a spicy sauce. Both dinners came with rice. My plate had a small jalapeno salsa, adding to the dish's heat.
If I had any complaints they would be these: The restaurant's website touts a Happy Hour menu, with $1 off beer and wine orders from 4-6 p.m. We got in just before 6 and I asked our server if we were in time for happy hour. She didn't know anything about any happy hour and checked with the manager, returning to say they didn't have one. The restaurant is only a few weeks old, so the website can't be that out of date. And I would think they could check online, see their own website and honor the offer. After all, it was only $1 and would have made for better customer satisfaction. The owner is often around and I'm sure that's how he would have handled the matter. So...there's some sort of disconnect there.
The second thing that struck us was that although the first thing you see when entering the restaurant is a display case loaded with ,mouth watering desserts. However, after completing our main courses, our server cleared the table and brought us our check...never asking if we would like dessert. As it happens, we would have passed on dessert anyway, but she didn't know that and we've been enticed before into splitting a highly touted treat.
The restaurant is a little quieter than the old Zenon. We got there early, before it was packed, so we didn't get to experience it when filled to capacity. The window seats still offer wonderful people watching opportunities, located where the restaurant on the busy corner of Broadway and Pearl.
We'll go back. The food was good and reasonably priced. We've traveled around a lot in the past year and we now consider any entrée under $20 to be "reasonable" and anything in the $20-28 range "not too expensive." Times...they are achangin'.

1  Thank oregonpoppa
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved the place.we ordered Chicken shwarma lunch plate . Good portion size .it comes with choice of 2 appetizers .i ordered
Lebny & maghfusa. I would highly recommend

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family has eaten here twice and both times it was wonderful. There are so many vegetarian options that it is difficult to choose only 10 of them for the full mezze platter. Our favorite is the foul--made with fresh fava beans. The only down side is the wine selection, which could use some expansion and improvement. We had one of our most enjoyable dinners ever here!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Unlike Soriah, which is classy and relaxed, this place is very casual and high energy. At least when we were there - it was busy! The food is TOP notch. The surprise was the fried cauliflower - we had to order 2 it was so good! Best hummus west of Beirut. Fresh tasty salads, NOT swimming in dressing - just right. Kibbi - perfect. Lamb shawarma so delicious I almost fell off my chair. Washed down with excellent wine and walked out on cloud 9.

1  Thank HungryTravelerPDX